Quechua / Decathlon Walking Boots

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Looking for a pair of replacement walking boots and Decathlon gear often seems to get a thumbs up. I don't do hikes, don't go up hills. I really need them for dog walking in all weathers.

I've looked at all types, a dizzying array of options, and these come into the right bracket of fairly cheap (around the £50 mark) / good waterproof reviews.

Anyone bought any of this brand/ make before?

Whereditgo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I do exactly this. I have a decent pair of Salomon boots for hill walking and some Scarpa winter boots for crampons, but for dog walking I wear cheaper boots or walking shoes from Decathalon or Go Outdoors - read reviews (especially re waterproofness) and try them on before you buy, even an hours dog walking in uncomfortable footwear is unpleasant!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I do exactly this. I have a decent pair of Salomon boots for hill walking and some Scarpa winter boots for crampons, but for dog walking I wear cheaper boots or walking shoes from Decathalon or Go Outdoors - read reviews (especially re waterproofness) and try them on before you buy, even an hours dog walking in uncomfortable footwear is unpleasant!
Have you found the Decathlon ones to be okay? The reviews seem pretty good but it's good to have confirmation from a 'real' person.

Whereditgo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yep, no problem for me for dog walking, the Mrs didn't like the fit though hence the comment about trying them on. They have been waterproof in even the heaviest of rain storms. Can't remember which exact model of shoe I went for in the end, but they were less than £50 and had them about 3 years, heel is starting to wear pretty badly now, but that is to be expected when most of the walking is done on roads and paths.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've never had their walking boots, but have bought hundreds of pounds worth of ski gear, bike gear and football gear from Decathlon (easily my favourite shop) and have yet to find anything that's been anything less than top quality.

As mentioned, I'd always try on for fit/size where possible, but their stuff really is top notch overall.

Whereditgo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The Quechua came out pretty well when reviewed on the Gadget Show.

Hmmmm - well I wouldn't consider the INOV-8 a premium/expensive walking boot, more a higher end of budget boot. Budget boots tend not offer the same level of ankle support and 'all day comfort' that a well fitting premium boot does, also the manufacturing quality and materials used in manufacture are obviously substantially lower, so they begin to fail where the sole is seam welded onto the upper etc. especially when used on rougher terrain.

But as we are talking about footwear for dog walking, just try a few pair on and buy a pair that are the most comfortable with good water proof reviews.

We share the dog walking duties about 50/50, 3 to 4 miles twice a day, so my budget walking shoes will have done around 2,000 miles and are just about ready for replacement.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Looking for a pair of replacement walking boots and Decathlon gear often seems to get a thumbs up. I don't do hikes, don't go up hills. I really need them for dog walking in all weathers.

I've looked at all types, a dizzying array of options, and these come into the right bracket of fairly cheap (around the £50 mark) / good waterproof reviews.

Anyone bought any of this brand/ make before?

What size you after ?

Hogieefc

Club Champion
Visit site
Grisport-Exmoor-Hiking-Shoes-CMG625/dp/B002IIEB3E/

If you can go to £70 i would swear by these Grisport walking shoes as i walk between 8-10km a day with my dog and found these to be comfortable out the box and definitely waterproof, so much so i am on my second pair now.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Grisport-Exmoor-Hiking-Shoes-CMG625/dp/B002IIEB3E/

If you can go to £70 i would swear by these Grisport walking shoes as i walk between 8-10km a day with my dog and found these to be comfortable out the box and definitely waterproof, so much so i am on my second pair now.
Annoyingly their UK base is about 15 minutes from me but it is for trade only. I'll have a look at these though, thank you.

RichA

Visit site
I've got a pair of Gore-Tex Brasher boots. Berghaus took them over years ago and assimilated them into their line up, but I see that it's a brand in its own right again now.
I checked my email to see when I bought them, but it predates my current email address, making them at least 13 years old.
They're still waterproof and extremely comfortable. About £100 on the Brasher website with code BR30.

oxymoron

Club Champion
Visit site
I bought a pair of Quechua walking boots last year a blue nylon type of sorts and i have to say they are marvelous for the money.
Not sure about the waterproofing as not used them in any really heavy downpours but for day to day general use really good ,and
very comfortable to wear .

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've never had their walking boots, but have bought hundreds of pounds worth of ski gear, bike gear and football gear from Decathlon (easily my favourite shop) and have yet to find anything that's been anything less than top quality.

As mentioned, I'd always try on for fit/size where possible, but their stuff really is top notch overall.
Bit more hit and miss for me. I go there when I want something cheap and functional e.g. the Kalenji running stuff and the Kipsta football stuff. The Inesis golf stuff is good though, and I do have one Quechua item (a gilet) which I feel is very good quality - although I had to go up a size from my usual, and it was still quite a snug fit. As you say the sizes across the different 'brand names' in the store are quite variable.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I've got a pair of Gore-Tex Brasher boots. Berghaus took them over years ago and assimilated them into their line up, but I see that it's a brand in its own right again now.
I checked my email to see when I bought them, but it predates my current email address, making them at least 13 years old.
They're still waterproof and extremely comfortable. About £100 on the Brasher website with code BR30.
Brasher's are great walking boots, very comfortable, long lasting and good quality.