Quechua / Decathlon Walking Boots

marksman

Visit site
Grisport are superb boots. Really comfortable straight out of the box, and excellent waterprooffing . I have the Saracen walking boots . Bargain at £99 in my opinion .

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Big Salomon fan.
I have three pairs, boots, walking shoes and trainers [not that I train :love: ]
Boots must be ten years old now, still completely waterproof and the most comfortable I have worn in 50 years.
You have to be careful with the sizes. I am generally +.5 up. Would recommend buying in store as against internet.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Big Salomon fan.
I have three pairs, boots, walking shoes and trainers [not that I train :love: ]
Boots must be ten years old now, still completely waterproof and the most comfortable I have worn in 50 years.
You have to be careful with the sizes. I am generally +.5 up. Would recommend buying in store as against internet.

On the flip side, I've had two pairs of Solomon - both fell apart within 6 months :LOL:

I've got a pair of Berghaus boots now and they're great.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
We're off to the Lake District at the end of the month and have a couple of walks arranged around Buttermere etc.
I was just planning on wearing my Vans slip ons......????

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Jack Wolfskin boots are always amazingly comfy and waterproofing has yet to let me down.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I ended up buying the Quechua boots in the end, the mid range £50 model. I can't/don't want to buy shoes or boots online as I struggle to find pairs that fit me properly. I need to try them on and that eliminates a few of the suggestions made. Next, I didn't want to spend a huge amount, I don't need a mega pair.

I tried these on in the shop, very comfortable. In fact, trainer like comfort ?. I've done 2 walks in them now and they are still uber comfy. No breaking in, no ankle rub.

I'll only know long term if they are a good buy. Only over time will you find out about waterproofing, grip, sole wear etc. So far so good though.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I ended up buying the Quechua boots in the end, the mid range £50 model. I can't/don't want to buy shoes or boots online as I struggle to find pairs that fit me properly. I need to try them on and that eliminates a few of the suggestions made. Next, I didn't want to spend a huge amount, I don't need a mega pair.

I tried these on in the shop, very comfortable. In fact, trainer like comfort ?. I've done 2 walks in them now and they are still uber comfy. No breaking in, no ankle rub.

I'll only know long term if they are a good buy. Only over time will you find out about waterproofing, grip, sole wear etc. So far so good though.
Whatever boots you buy always be prepared to get wet feet.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Waterproof socks will guarantee things. :D
Always worth double bagging if unsure.

As for walking boots. Having had a few pairs of so called ‘proper’ boots. I bought a pair of Adidas Terrex a few years ago. They have been up mountains, along rivers, played golf in and round cities. They are by far the most comfortable walking boots I have ever owned, and have kept my feet dry to this day.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

As for walking boots. Having had a few pairs of so called ‘proper’ boots. I bought a pair of Adidas Terrex a few years ago. They have been up mountains, along rivers, played golf in and round cities. They are by far the most comfortable walking boots I have ever owned, and have kept my feet dry to this day.
I'd have liked to try a pair of these, they looked good, goretex etc, but I couldn't find any near me. If I'd really wanted some I could have hunted them down I guess but they certainly looked good.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'm loving that positive attitude ?
Its not based on negativity but many years of hill/mountain walking.

If you are looking to low level easy walking you may be ok but for more serious walking where you have to tackle streams and very muddy areas then water will always find a way in. However, like any outdoor pursuit the discomforts don't outweigh the benefits.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

I've had a couple pairs of them, very comfortable, but both fell apart after a year or so. Probably down to my habit of kicking a hard rubber ball on the beach for the dogs.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I just have a pair of MTE 2 Vans. Same level of comfort that I get out of normal vans but warm, waterproof, grippy, everything you would look for in a walking boot. They are normally on sale for half price about this time of year.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
We're off to the Lake District at the end of the month and have a couple of walks arranged around Buttermere etc.
I was just planning on wearing my Vans slip ons......????

You'll be fine with that around Buttermere. It's flat as a pancake and mostly gravel path. Might be a bit wet under foot in places, but fine. Scenery is absolutely marvellous (parking's a shambles though when it's busy)