Nike Bandon golf boots

LeeTurner

Assistant Pro
Visit site
With the lovely summer we've had and the continuing wet weather I've been looking around for a decent pair of golf boots. For a while I've had my eyes on the Nike Bandon all weather boots but they were a bit pricey. I then noticed the other day that Clubhouse Golf have them on sale for less than £60 so ordered a pair. The service from Clubhouse was excellent with the standard next day delivery option getting them to me by lunchtime the next day.
First impressions are that they look like a cross between hiking boots and basketball boots. There is an inner padded shoe surrounded by a seam sealed waterproof outer with a zip covering the laces. I was a bit concerned buying without trying them on first as I have wide feet and a high instep. This usually gives me issues with slip on shoes and footwear that sits tightly across the bridge of the foot. Whilst the Nike Bandon are a very snug fit - it's helpful that they have loops at the back - they are very comfortable. The other concern was the high fit and if they would rub.
After two very wet rounds over the past couple of days I've got to say the boots are one of the best bits of golf gear I've bought lately. Parts of the course have had very heavy rain and I normally find myself on tiptoes trying to avoid letting water in my shoes. No problems with the Nikes - not a drop of water came in. I've found them extremely comfortable and warm with no rubbing on the heels. The AirSole is the same as in my normal golf shoes and gives the same level of comfort.
The other plus point is that the sole design does not gather half the clag that my other shoes gather. A quick brush and wipe off and they are totally clean.
The longer term test will be as to their "breathability". Nike claim that whilst totally waterproof they also allow the feet to breathe. I don't normally get on with synthetic shoes so the big test will be after a couple of months of use.
All in all a great pair of all weather boots that don't look like something your granny would wear. Coupled with a two year waterproof warranty and they're a steal at the sale price.