Q school....

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Final round of the 72 hole section underway, Alastair is now -9 and 5 off the lead but more importantly in T6th place, he's on the back 9.

Jim Morrison (ENG) continuing his good form and -13 now and still in T1 place with 9 to play.

EarCat

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I am currently re-reading a book called Tales from Q school by John Feinstein, it's slightly outdated (it's about the 2005 season) but it's still a cracking read that gives a good insight into the struggles of the less successful pros.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Forsyth Double bogies the last but finishes -10 and in T12th place, excellent golf Alastair and comfortably in the top 70 for the final stage. Now the real tough test of being in the top 25 over the next 36 holes.

Carlos Del Moral is on fire today and is -9 for today and -14 overall with 3 holes to play (7 birdies and an eagle so far) now that is stunning golf.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Why the support for Alistair Forsyth ?

because I watched him as a struggling young pro pulling his trolley round the challenge tour, he worked hard and made it onto the tour, did quite well for a short time then it all went wrong for a few years.

Just delighted to see a young guy pick himself back up from a few years in the doldrums

groundskeeperwilly

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
not sure if this is a serious question:confused:

Why not? I was always under the impression that here was some sort of stipulation that your handicap had to be 4 or under to go pro but there doesn't seem to be any limit or guidance to that effect on there. I'm not suggesting that a load of high 'cappers will apply or anything....

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Why not? I was always under the impression that here was some sort of stipulation that your handicap had to be 4 or under to go pro but there doesn't seem to be any limit or guidance to that effect on there. I'm not suggesting that a load of high 'cappers will apply or anything....

Where is Maurice Flitcroft aka Gerard Hoppy when we need him?