PXG

Oldham92

Hacker
Visit site
Anyone actually bought any of their clubs? And if you did, how much did they cost, and was there any benefit to your game?

Can't see the benefit for an amateur player.

D

Deleted member 17920

Why can’t you see the benefit, do you know anyone who has bought the clubs?

My view after seeing the brand recently, they are massively thorough at fitting you for the club.

Even if takes an age they will spend as much time as needed.

I am very impressed by the service, I haven’t got pxg money though so I will stick to my shovels

Oldham92

Hacker
Visit site
Why can’t you see the benefit, do you know anyone who has bought the clubs?

My view after seeing the brand recently, they are massively thorough at fitting you for the club.

Even if takes an age they will spend as much time as needed.

I am very impressed by the service, I haven’t got pxg money though so I will stick to my shovels

Because I can't see any one club making enough of a difference if you're not playing a lot of golf to a very high standard really. Yeah people will find things that suit them and are slightly better for their game, but in my opinion, not enough to justify the difference in price tag.

Lazkir

Head Pro
Visit site
Simple answer...

Do the pro's use them? You know, the guys that are able to get the very best out of any club and have the money spare!

Simple answer... No!

D

Deleted member 15344

Simple answer...

Do the pro's use them? You know, the guys that are able to get the very best out of any club and have the money spare!

Simple answer... No!

Umm there are quiet a few pros that do use them - ladies and men

Have had a hit with the irons , they are nice

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Simple answer...

Simple answer... No!
Some Pros do, so simple answer cant be No !! Major winner Zack Johnson for one.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
To an extent, a Tour Pro will use whatever brand pays them the most.
They'll be fully fitted to the 99th degree to make it the best for them but any brand can do that, so just because the Pros use them doesn't automatically make them the best.
As to the cost, it's the same old story - if you can afford it then go for it. It's your cash.
Will it make more difference having fully fitted PXGs over fully fitted Pings/Callaway's/TMs/Titleists......??
Possibly. But twice the price difference?
I doubt it.

Trapdraw

Medal Winner
Visit site
I have a PXG 2 iron, it’s a lovely club. The feel off the face is really nice, much better than any other 2 iron/driving iron I’ve owned.

Lazkir

Head Pro
Visit site
Umm there are quiet a few pros that do use them - ladies and men

Have had a hit with the irons , they are nice
Some Pros do, so simple answer cant be No !! Major winner Zack Johnson for one.

Fair enough, wasn't aware of those tbh. (Bit of an alcohol fuelled reply last night).
But the point still stands, if the clubs were that good that they have an advantage, surely most pro's would be using them?

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Very expensive in my view and in all honesty I don't have a consistent enough swing to get the benefits.

What the tour pros use is entirely clouded by how much the sponsorship is worth ( IMO of course !).

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
A friend of mine has their irons. Personally I wouldn't because I couldn't justify the cost, but he can and they certainly have made a difference to his game. I guess it's a bit like comparing a Scotty Cameron putter with a bog standard one or a Rolex watch with a Timex. They all do the same job, but is one better than the other? Perhaps it's in the mind, but if it works and you can afford it, why not?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I remember a reply from Arnold Schwarzenegger after he paid $66, 000 for as set of clubs when asked the question did he think they were worth that much - something like " with the sort of money I get paid the price is irrelevant"

Would I give them a try? -yes. Would I buy? probably not

There again I would probably never a buy a driver for £500, the current cost one from Titleist.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Can’t really use the pros as an example as most of them are paid more money from using equipment that they actually make from golf.

Are the good clubs? Clearly.
Do they look good? No
Are they worth the money? No

But it’s the same with anything. An expensive car doesn’t get you anywhere faster.

With regards to the fitting point. An independent fitter will do a better job

thesheriff

Head Pro
Visit site
You could get an insight as to whether tour pros would choose to use PXG, but only from those ex-Nike staffers who have remained free agents in this regard (i.e. Reed, Fleetwood, Koepka). FYI - I don't remember seeing any PXG clubs in the bags of these guys.

However, I would consider it pretty pointless to base a decision on whether the clubs are any good given the small sample size and the fact that the tour pro game is a completely different thing to the weekend amateur.

D

Deleted member 18588

Obviously. But where talking about the PXG truck as I know it’s been at Woodhall Spa a number of times recently

And in what way is the fitting provided worse than that from an "independent" ?