PXG

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Morpeth, north of Newcastle. Richmond in Yorkshire was my other option.

Only just picked this up. I live in Morpeth but don't know this guy. Are PXG going to one of the local clubs and he is the fitter or does he have a unit somewhere?

Had the fitting happened now? How did it go?

Mr Hip

Medal Winner
Visit site
What major did he win using these over-priced clubs?

Is he using their over-priced driver now?
According to their fitter today, he was playing PXG when he won the Open. The price is a serious issue but I have to say that the irons are very impressive.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
According to their fitter today, he was playing PXG when he won the Open. The price is a serious issue but I have to say that the irons are very impressive.

He was using Tits to win the Open in 2015.

Switched to PXG at the end of the 15 season if my memory serves me right!!!

Mr Hip

Medal Winner
Visit site
Only just picked this up. I live in Morpeth but don't know this guy. Are PXG going to one of the local clubs and he is the fitter or does he have a unit somewhere?

Had the fitting happened now? How did it go?
He's one of two authorized PXG fitters and has the van. The fitting was this afternoon and has left me with a lot to think about. The irons are very impressive. Very consistent flight and, according to Trackman, with the seven iron their was 8 yards between one out of the screws and one that was nearly out of the grooves at the toe. As for the four iron, wow. I was carrying it over 200 yards into a stiff breeze and would have stayed there another hour just ripping it. Have a word with David Clark because Laurence is back next month. The problem is, at age 69, can I justify £1600. Going to have a look at the new Mizuno JPX919 in a week or so. Then it's decision time.

Mr Hip

Medal Winner
Visit site
He was using Tits to win the Open in 2015.

Switched to PXG at the end of the 15 season if my memory serves me right!!!
I said that but apparently the bag and headcovers said Titleist but the clubs were PXG. We need someone who got a look in his bag!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
He's one of two authorized PXG fitters and has the van. The fitting was this afternoon and has left me with a lot to think about. The irons are very impressive. Very consistent flight and, according to Trackman, with the seven iron their was 8 yards between one out of the screws and one that was nearly out of the grooves at the toe. As for the four iron, wow. I was carrying it over 200 yards into a stiff breeze and would have stayed there another hour just ripping it. Have a word with David Clark because Laurence is back next month. The problem is, at age 69, can I justify £1600. Going to have a look at the new Mizuno JPX919 in a week or so. Then it's decision time.
At 48 with two kids I certainly can't justify them 😂. At 69, surely no dependents now (y). I was interested to hear where you tried them. David is a good bloke. I've had lessons from I'm previously and they worked well. You had good weather today anyway for the fitting.

Mr Hip

Medal Winner
Visit site
At 48 with two kids I certainly can't justify them 😂. At 69, surely no dependents now (y). I was interested to hear where you tried them. David is a good bloke. I've had lessons from I'm previously and they worked well. You had good weather today anyway for the fitting.
Ha! Bloody freezing. Good job I had my rain jacket with me.
Dependants or not, £1600! Makes my eyes water.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ha! Bloody freezing. Good job I had my rain jacket with me.
Dependants or not, £1600! Makes my eyes water.
I'm not sure what you get for £1600, but having worked my way through the thread, it's less than i was starting to imagine. And in a way, not grossly different to the more mainstream OEMs. As a retirement treat to myself, l bought a fully fitted set of Ping G400s - non standard shafts, non standard grips etc - the works. They were expensive - and obviously more than an off the shelf set . Ok, the PXGs are more expensive (assuming a rough like-for-like in terms of quantity of clubs) - but the difference is not that startling.

Mr Hip

Medal Winner
Visit site
I'm not sure what you get for £1600, but having worked my way through the thread, it's less than i was starting to imagine. And in a way, not grossly different to the more mainstream OEMs. As a retirement treat to myself, l bought a fully fitted set of Ping G400s - non standard shafts, non standard grips etc - the works. They were expensive - and obviously more than an off the shelf set . Ok, the PXGs are more expensive (assuming a rough like-for-like in terms of quantity of clubs) - but the difference is not that startling.
What you get for £1600 is a cheap set! The model I have been quoted for is being replaced so the price has been reduced. The reality is that a bag full of PXG won't change your game if your swing is, let's call it inconsistent. Mine hasn't been that good for a couple of years. I don't think changing clubs will significantly affect my game for better or worse - but - I really liked them. Still going to look at the JPX 919 though.

User2021

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Gen 1 or Gen 2?

Gen 1 are half price at the moment.

I have a fitting end of October, interested to try them, but they are crazy money - but going to go with an open mind.
Also testing some Srixon and Mizuno's at the same fit.

Did nearly three hours at an independent iron fitting yesterday.

Hit 2 x PXG models
2 x Taylor Mades
A Mizuno
and two Srixons.

Couldn't get on with the PXG's at all, regardless of what shaft we chopped and changed.

Srixons for me were wow.

Also looking at a Driving iron.
Srixon was ok
Gen 2 PXG good
Gen 1 PXG BOOOOOM

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
he was on "on the range" on Sky the following year and all his clubs in the PXG bag apart from the wedges were Titleist, with PXG head covers. Charl Swartzel was the same, but not a single PXG club in his bag