PXG

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
can't remember if it was this years or last, Zac Johnson and Charl Schwartzel were both in the SKY Zone at the open and Charle had no PXG clubs in his bag and Zac Just had wedges bag and hats both looked nice though;)

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Its like a rolex or an aston martin - there are cheaper watches and cheaper cars - They'll give you the same benefit of a set of callaways or titleist. I'd have a set myself if my numbers come in tonight. - Sat in the boot of my new DBS Superleggra

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I won the lottery would I buy them, would I buy them? I've no idea as I've never hit them but for us average hackers I would say you'd get far more improvement spending the money on a proper fitting and lessons.
But as has been said above, it's peoples own money and they can spend it how they want.
Saying that, I'm in the "function over form" school. Watches go tick-tock and tell the time. I can get that for £10 but some people pay thousands for a name. They all tell the time but some people look for more than that.
Look at the electric trolley thread and you'll see varied opinion there on what people are looking for.

Oldham92

Hacker
Visit site
To be clear, as many people are talking about pro players, I was talking about for the average club golfer, as I've seen a few people on Facebook groups who have bought them recently.

User2021

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
To be clear, as many people are talking about pro players, I was talking about for the average club golfer, as I've seen a few people on Facebook groups who have bought them recently.
Gen 1 or Gen 2?

Gen 1 are half price at the moment.

I have a fitting end of October, interested to try them, but they are crazy money - but going to go with an open mind.
Also testing some Srixon and Mizuno's at the same fit.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Are they worth buying? They are functional as much as any other brand and you can only judge by hitting them. From a personal perspective I wouldn't buy them, based on cost alone followed swiftly by looks. I think they look terrible.

Visit site
Yeah got the driver with Tensei White boron tip shaft, has it improved my driving, yes. More consistent and more yardage then my previous driver. Tried the 3w out couple of weeks ago with the new Aldila XTORSION copper shaft, first hit I skuttled it into the screen, 2nd was ripped, 3rd was even better, turned and said that's the one for me. Just Pured them both.

Oldham92

Hacker
Visit site
Yeah got the driver with Tensei White boron tip shaft, has it improved my driving, yes. More consistent and more yardage then my previous driver. Tried the 3w out couple of weeks ago with the new Aldila XTORSION copper shaft, first hit I skuttled it into the screen, 2nd was ripped, 3rd was even better, turned and said that's the one for me. Just Pured them both.

What was the difference in yardage?

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Why all the hoo ha over PXG?

They are pocket change compared to Honma and other Japanese offerings. Will these help your game? I doubt it

I’m sure it’s just inverse snobbery

Buy what you want and what you can afford. For the record, no I could not personally justify them.

If I had the cash to afford them would I?

Nah. I’d be straight on the Tourspec website buying outrageously shiney Japanese forged blades, that are totally unsuitable.

D

Deleted member 18588

Why all the hoo ha over PXG?

They are pocket change compared to Honma and other Japanese offerings. Will these help your game? I doubt it

I’m sure it’s just inverse snobbery

Buy what you want and what you can afford. For the record, no I could not personally justify them.

If I had the cash to afford them would I?

Nah. I’d be straight on the Tourspec website buying outrageously shiney Japanese forged blades, that are totally unsuitable.

Looking at the Tourspec site the offerings seem cheap by comparison with PXG.

Visit site
What was the difference in yardage?

About 20yds. Do I hit it 20yds longer then my old driver all the time? No. But it's not all about the yds, my dispersion is better and the flight is higher. Has it helped my game, yes, I've tried 3 different makes of drivers over a 2yr period giving each driver a good run, one with an £18 shaft, another a £50 shaft and a Geotech from Tourspec with a retail price of £299 shaft in it and all 3 were about the same 254 yds. The PXG was so easy to hit and a no brainer for me, did I try other manufacturers out, no, as I like none mainstream stuff.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
One of the lads at my gaff has just got a full set of PXG, woods, irons and wedges. He only got them last week, and I haven't spoken to him since he got them, but I'm told he was very much liking them after their first outing, the "Sugar Daddy" wedges in particular.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
What major did he win using these over-priced clubs?

Is he using their over-priced driver now?

Why the negativity?

They make phenomenal clubs. I have hit a few of their irons and a fairway wood. Sadly I can't justify the expense or I would be seriously tempted.