PXG 0211 Driver

peld

Visit site
Anyone got one? Or tried one? What do you think?

There are down to just £235 now with a choice of options. Seems so cheap im wondering if I should just buy one for a second alternate driver.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think there are a few on here who have them, PXG driver, not necessarily this model, and love them. I am sure they will be along shortly to give a different view.

In terms of prices for modern drivers that does seem very decent.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
If it's still the same business model as they have been using then most of the "choice of options" carry an upcharge. I think it was around 10 of 14 shaft choices had a minimum £100 charge. Even putting a Golf Pride grip on ups the cost.

peld

Visit site
If it's still the same business model as they have been using then most of the "choice of options" carry an upcharge. I think it was around 10 of 14 shaft choices had a minimum £100 charge. Even putting a Golf Pride grip on ups the cost.
Looking at a stiff flex, there are 10 shaft options of which 2 have £100 upcharges. For my oversize grips its PXG only.

IainP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Anyone got one? Or tried one? What do you think?

There are down to just £235 now with a choice of options. Seems so cheap im wondering if I should just buy one for a second alternate driver.
Can't help thinking that is:

Golf Equipment Manufacturers 1 - Punters 0
??

If there was a fitting/trying opportunity nearer then I'd been interested in a hit

birdyhunter

Visit site
It's like any club... 2% is the new technology and 98% is your swing.

If you can't hit it well then no matter how good the technology, you've just spent a lot of money for 2% improvement. Fix your swing first.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I had a 0811 proto stiff 9* Diamana LTD.
When you middle it it’s just as good as anything else.
If you Mishiit it goes nowhere.
Nowhere near as forgiving as the G425.
As with most things I hit it great in the fitting ,but on the course I struggled to flight the ball properly .
I really don’t know why but I struggled with it so got rid.
Once you think like that it’s no good to you.

chasf

Assistant Pro
Visit site
PXG have had a price cut again, the 0211 driver is now £205 and the irons are £80, the gen 3 irons are £135, Gen 4 driver is £355

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
I wonder how much confirmation bias plays in these types of thing, when spending £1000s on irons or £800 on a driver are minds convince us that they are amazing clubs in order to justify the price tag.

GM did a video on the FB page comparing a Scotty with Inesis putter, in terms of performance there was very little between the two, but the reviewer kept talking about the feel, weight and sound of the Scotty, I wonder if there is such a difference or is it because the reviewer knew it was a £250 putter and a famous brand.

They really should do these comparisons blind. Similarly I wonder the people who swear by PXG if they did a completely blind test (difficult to actually do) which clubs would come out on top

chasf

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have a full bag of PXG clubs, however they are the cheaper 0211 line, which are cheaper than your other main brands. They are working for me as my handicap index has went from 21.6 to 18.4.

I have had clubs from all the major brands and the PXG set has been the best set for me so far, whether it's because I feel more comfortable with them, they are working for me.

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have a full bag of PXG clubs, however they are the cheaper 0211 line, which are cheaper than your other main brands. They are working for me as my handicap index has went from 21.6 to 18.4.

I have had clubs from all the major brands and the PXG set has been the best set for me so far, whether it's because I feel more comfortable with them, they are working for me.

They're now only £80 per iron.
So 5--pw......£480
Great value and much cheaper than all mainstream current models