Putting - Over active right hand

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I've been a relatively steady putter the last few years but the last 6-9 months has seen me struggle with longer putts where I pull everything left due to a turn in my right hand at impact, almost like a yip. Yesterday saw me with a 25 foot putt which I missed with the right pace but 8 feet left of the hole. :rofl:

What can I do to stop this, have I got a dose of the yips? Do I need to change grip to the claw or something else?

Any expert help?

For what it's worth I've putted with a centre shafted mallet, left below right for a number of years now and found it until now the best for me.

delc

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've been a relatively steady putter the last few years but the last 6-9 months has seen me struggle with longer putts where I pull everything left due to a turn in my right hand at impact, almost like a yip. Yesterday saw me with a 25 foot putt which I missed with the right pace but 8 feet left of the hole. :rofl:

What can I do to stop this, have I got a dose of the yips? Do I need to change grip to the claw or something else?

Any expert help?

For what it's worth I've putted with a centre shafted mallet, left below right for a number of years now and found it until now the best for me.

Same putting style, and same problem i've had. I put it down to the slower greens and colder conditions , trying to hit it too hard and just pulling it slightly . Warmer weather is on its way, don't worry , i hope.:whoo: