Putting Matt

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Looking to put a late addition on Santa's list for a Putting Matt.

I know there's quite a few out there and a couple that seem more popular than others, but what are the stand out features of ones that you own or have seen?

Are they worth what some are going for, which at the end of the day is a piece of carpet with a few lines on?

What would you advise if you've owned one or still have one or have looked a lot into getting one also?

If you've owned one for a while, has it helped?

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
I have the puttout mat and trainer it's a good matt and rolls up into a smallish compact roll, always lays flat when I set it up too, it's not the longest matt but you can use it almost anywhere, the roll on the mat is very good too not bumpy or anything like that, I used it quite a lot when I first bought it not so much now tho, it did help a lot and I liked that I could work on my stroke in the comfort of my home, the only real negative I have is the length and also if I leave it out for a good few days I will get a run line down the centre but I brush it with my hand and it removes it,

abjectplop

Hacker
Visit site
I've got the Welling 4m mat (available on Costco website).....very good and have it out most weeks during the season. Had it two years and it still rolls up and out really nicely.

I think they do an 8m one too if you have the space!!

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've got the Welling 4m mat (available on Costco website).....very good and have it out most weeks during the season. Had it two years and it still rolls up and out really nicely.

I think they do an 8m one too if you have the space!!
My only issue with the welling was the speed of it. Don’t care what they say it was running about 15 on the stimp.

Quality was exceptional though

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
If your carpet is suitable I wouldn’t bother. Get a puttout device instead. Albeit their matts look awesome too, the length of them makes them a little irrelevant as most people can putt in a reasonably straight line on a level surface over 6feet. They are useful if your carpet isn’t suitable though.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Asked for a PuttOut mat from Santa this year. Unfortunately, I will struggle to use anything longer in the house.

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I have a Welling mat which is good but not fast enough really.

I use it mainly in the off season to keep the putting stroke going but not much during the summer. If you have room it's far better than a normal carpet.

Dannyc

Visit site
I bought one off eBay from a guy who had it made its about 7ft long with a proper hole at one end built into a wooden base it’s very good u can’t beat the ball dropping into the hole
I’m not sure how much it cost be made but can’t be much if u have a mate who is a joiner have a word

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Thanks everyone, I've pulled the trigger on a 4m Welling from Costco, my carpet is too thick for putting and although I had some fun last year (whilst drunk) with a Putt Out slope aid, I didn't like or rate it.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thanks everyone, I've pulled the trigger on a 4m Welling from Costco, my carpet is too thick for putting and although I had some fun last year (whilst drunk) with a Putt Out slope aid, I didn't like or rate it.
Thick carpet is great to practice your chipping .
Chip/ pitch On to the mat with a wedge or 7 iron .
Just don’t do it while the wife’s in ,or towards patio doors.

Bigfoot

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Thick carpet is great to practice your chipping .
Chip/ pitch On to the mat with a wedge or 7 iron .
Just don’t do it while the wife’s in ,or towards patio doors.

Surely the danger of both the wife being in and the towards the patio doors help you to deal with the minor tension of a chip over a bunker from a tight lie? Excellent practice.