Putting is Driving me Mental

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
thanks bob, I will be test driving it this week and will let you know my putts this sunday :) :)

Just on the throwing similarities, i get that but surely there is a lot of margin for error when u thow someone a ball. If you threw someone a ball and had to land on the palm of their hand, then you would probably spend a bit longer getting it right ???

Getting it in the 'palm of the hand' is more about direction than length. A good natural throw will have the right length most of the time but requires a good aim...and that is down to the individual doing it correctly.

Mattyboy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Great news, really pleased it's helping. Keep at it and keep us informed :)

Thanks Bob, I will.

It feels very solid (rather one piece, solid and very stable)when using the V Easy. Its this feeling I am starting to replicate on the course, resulting in some really solid strokes.

Cant wait for the next medal!

Matt

Scottjd1

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I had a putting lesson today and at one point my pro said to me 'here, throw me this ball' hahaaa. Just what you guys are saying - ni thought just threw it instinctively and he then said get a repeatable smooth tempo and then you will start holing more.

V easy on the way today and Im tempted to get the ping cradle from american golf and try the iphone app as that measures tempo and helps build consistency. I feel a few less putts coming up this weekend....

:D :D

Mattyboy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I am not sure about the Ping cradle. It will tell you if your putter face was 0.1 degree open etc. You could do the maths yourself if you find a straight putt and note its length and by how much you miss by. Also, the swing weight of the putter changes (and so does the weight of your wallet!).

Aids that teach you how to do it right as opposed to what you are doing wrong are more for me. Use the V easy and let everyone know your thoughts.

Anyone notice or check out dave Stockton? 53 rounds of competitive pro golf without a single 3 putt :cool: :cool: