Putting grip

sambora666

Club Champion
Visit site
Evening all,

The work on my out to in swing has come on leaps an bounds, shot an 80 today (1 under my handicap of 11), only problem was I had 38 putts! I no this has been a week point for along time. I am to 'wristy' at the moment and need to change my grip.

Any good tips on what grips today, currently I interlock and put my finger down the shaft - hence I gett wealth.

philly169

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I line the putt using the soft feel writing on my ball with the line on my putter, Feet shoulder width apart unless i'm going for a long putt then i have a wider stance. Rock the putter like a pendulum from foot to foot.

Baseball grip with left index finger covering right hand fingers.

Head over the ball and putt.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Worked for me! Ive never been so good with the flat stick! Opened my eyes on how to putt well! Been reflecting in my recent scores and how many more pars and birdies I am getting.

cirrus

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Trust me if your struggling with your putter, then it has to be the V-Easy...you wont be dissapointed :)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Get out and have a putting lesson. Best lesson I had in a long time and the changes I had from it (two years ago) are still in place and I'm much better now. It'll make sure it is just the wristy stroke and not things like alignment, peeking too early (opening the shoulders etc). On the other hand there were some very good wrist putters in the past so it can be done but it is usually very inconsistant. I use to be a wrist putter as a junior as that was the way I started and no-one corrected it. It didn't do me too much harm but then I was able to practice it every day. It took a lot of hard work to go to a back and through motion and keeping the wrists out of it. I have to say the V-Easy is probably your best bet and won't shattter the bank if a lesson isn't an option

daveyc2k2

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Another vote here for the v-easy. I have only had mine 2 weeks but my putting stroke is now much better. I was very wristy before. Now I just have to get the weight judgement right and will hopefully knock the putts down. Although for some reason I kept pulling my putts left at the weekend. Must be my allignment!!