Putting grip

A

Alex1975

As you may know I have been doing alot of indoor putting and have been starting to think about my grip. I had a look on youtube and found this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nk-09uXwJko

I was a little shocked as there all feel really odd to me. I use my usual grip but softer. Should I be changing that to one of these?

When I went looking for the clips I was not expecting anything so extream :D

any and all help welcome as always

Al

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Important thing with putting is a neutral grip so that you putt with your shoulders not your hands (or wrists). There are many ways of achieving this but a case of finding which of the options is comfortable.

Next time we meet up remind me and ill give you a steer as best i can.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
Is there such a thing as a normal putting grip. watch the pros or look around your course and you'll see every variation. so long as it is comfortable, repeatable and works.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
I didn't watch the video, but it says "reverse overlap" which is what I use. I sometimes swap the hands round (cack-handed Faldo style) and on really long putts don't have my left index finger over my right hand.

So that's 3! but they are all versions of the same thing.

I know all kinds of grips can work, but I see a lot of terrible putters (players, not clubs!) who insist on doing it their own style.

I adopted my own style for a while then my pro suggested I used a classic reverse overlap. My putting has never been better.

T

thecraw

Try a 2Thumb putter grip, levels out your shoulders and takes the wrists out of the stroke.

I have found it revolutionary!

A

Alex1975

Try a 2Thumb putter grip, levels out your shoulders and takes the wrists out of the stroke.

I have found it revolutionary!

So that both thumbs are together?