Putting:Glove?

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
I don't as I feel it gives you more feel, makes you focus and it's part of my pre tee shot routine to put it back on, if that make sense.

Also if putting on the carpet at home do you bother putting a glove on??

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I don't, but I don't know why. Just always been that way. I wear it for every other shot including chipping and it feels weird if I don't.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I always take it off for putting as I think its helps the feel. I have also taken it off between shot as it helps even up the sun tan an the hands!

Chris

Mungoscorner

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I don't wear a glove for any shot.I fail to see how wearing a glove improves anything.If your grips and hands are clean,you shouldn't have any problems maintaining your grip on the club.

richy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I take my glove off in-between shots and only put it back on for full shots. So it's off for putting, chipping and pitching. Don't know why it just feels natural.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
I don't. Then again, it's a different grip which doesn't exactly require the added grip a glove offers for full shots.
I know some players don't use one at all, which is fine, but I definitely feel more secure with a glove generally.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
I might be a real freak here, but I take my glove off from 140 yards and in (an 8 iron and shorter) plus putting. Always.

I just find that it helps with feel.

Garesfield ACE

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Thanks for all your replies gents.

It seems nearly everyone doesnt wear a glove for putting....most people dont seem to have a particular reason other than the 'feel'.

I will give it a try without the golve for putting (if I remember to take it off ) thats the hard part...lol

Cheers

Kev

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
I take it off as well. I use a left hand down grip for putting as I found this squared my shoulders better. When wearing a glove with this grip I find the feeling strange and distracting.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Glove on for power swings, off for touch strokes

Gloves only reason is to add additional grip and prevent blistering on your hand during full shots.

Maybe keeping it warm in winter.