Putting Breakthrough

par_par_par_treble

Assistant Pro
Visit site
After a month of putting like a muppet and 3 weeks of trying to rectify it on the living room carpet, i have taken the plunge and purchased...

Yes! Trueplane
173482.jpg

after 20 putts with it, i feel like a changed man.

Sub 30 putts / round here i come

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
I take it you just stroke the putter along the side of it as a guide and let muscle memory do the rest?

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
Fabulous.....is the skirting board dead?

If it helps you, I approve! :cool:

Can it read nasty breaks too? :(

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Saw those in AG for about £40. Overpriced for a bit of plastic. The eyeliner aid I have has guiding rails similar to that to help with keeping the putter in line but also has a mirror to ensure your eyes and shoulders are squarely aligned and over the ball.

The Yes aid is ok but like I said overpriced for what it is

par_par_par_treble

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Maybe over priced, but I would pay more for a good putting game... sad but true.

Yes - basically you slide your putter up and down it. You can also compare the angle of the club face to its ideal position etc.

I honestly feel my putting stroke is loads better already! I was trying to keep the putter online back and through and keep it close to the floor all the way - very hard to do. This teaches a very simple inside to inside stroke path (just rock the shoulders and keep the arms & hands passive)

Putting is so easy when you know how, but even easier to do badly.

AliB

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Heck
have had putting troubles of my own and thought I just had to 'trust in my natural athleticism' as Mr Faxon says on his video.
:D
Now it turns out I need another bit of kit ...

Hope it works for you!

AliB

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Last night (after i finished my round) I think i cracked putting!

I spent 20 mins on the last green, Was dead, sun was shining would be rude not too.

All i did was widen my stance. And slow my back swing down 50% almost pause at the top and then just slightly accelarate through impact.

No matter where i was on the green i left the ball close enough for tap in, and even holed some good 20-30 fters.

Playing again today, i will se if this works 'under pressure'