Putters - how many

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Two, sort of.

One has been in my bag for 15? years. The other is purely for whoever uses my second set when they come visiting.

Bxm Foxy

Visit site
Only really used 3 putters. I'm a left handed golfer, but recently been putting right handed, left hand at the bottom, with an old Ping Cushin 3. Putted quite well last time out, so may give it a spruce up with a new grip.

cookelad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just 2, Got a Scotty Newport 2 with me here and a Mizuno A-301 in the UK.

Think I've only ever owned 7 in total (25 years+)- the Regal putter that came in my first half set (used this for years even as a grown-up), a Hippo Hunter (I think), a TaylorMade (Heel and toe can't remember the model), a Yes! Sophia, a Mizuno Bettinardi C-02, the Mizuno A-301 and the Scotty Newport 2.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
I've offloaded a few in recent months but currently In the bag there is a Gauge Design Tera

Lying around the house or in the locker at the club I've got...

Scotty Studio Select Newport 1.5
Dave Hicks iXi mallet
Gauge Design Tubu
Gauge Design Mega

actually...hey I feel good about that....only 5!!!

maybe its time to have a browse of the net and see what I can find....I've always fancied a Kramski or perhaps having another dabble with a Yamada.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Started playing in 1983. Only owned 4 putters in all that time...and the first one came with the 2nd hand half set I started with. It's still in garage for nostalgia reasons!

I upgraded to a Ping Anser after about a year, sold that after buying the original 2-Ball (2004?) then bought a Scottie in 2011....still in bag. (Wife cut down and uses the 2-Ball)

I don't like too many putters around, you have doubts and start tinkering!

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
I have three. One that I really do not use anymore becaue the lie angle is completely wrong (it just sits totally awkward to the ball), one which I always keep in my bag and usually use, and one at home for practicing on the putting mat.

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
3 At The moment however selling the odyssey and will eventually replace with a Napa before they reach the price point where i'll never buy one.

- Odyssey Metal X Blade No.8
- Custom Scotty Pro Platinum Laguna 2
- Scotty Cameron Studio Design No. 1

Scozzy

Medal Winner
Visit site
5, over the years I've taken to them all with a hacksaw and they are now all 30in shafts with pistol grips from various manufacturers.Only real difference is weight in the heads.current favourite been in bag for 2yrs while the others adorn the walls of my cave waiting their turn

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
Two for me.

I used a Ping Sedona for nineteen years until last year when I bought the original model Ghost Spider off a mate. I have used it since and have no plans to change but keep my old Ping as backup just in case.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
3 Betti BB23s Millenium
2 Dave Hicks (different styles)
Betti BB43 Millenium
Simpson (Made by a guy - Andy Simpson - from Dornoch area)
All the above are centre-shafted/face balanced
SeeMore (SI2?) Near CS; Face Balanced
Bronty mallety blade

user104

Visit site
i`m going back a good while but a friend of mine his neighbour was a good golfer and he had about a dozen putters all in a rack he made ........but the same friend his workmate who was a good golfer aswell had one an old brass headed Spalding and when we played i never saw him 3 putt he was awesome with it.

I wondered if you have a lot of putters and while playing your round lets say with your Ping putter and your having a bad time on the green do you wish you had brought your Scotty Cameron instead

i picked an SC up once in a shop ............ and was pounced on by one of the assistants who abruptly told me unless i was thinking of buying it to put it down.

i got a cheap old Dunlop 65 and the new grip cost more than the putter !!!! and i love it

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
3. Possibly 4 soon....

A spider tour that hasn’t left the bag for nearly 2 years - love it

A spider limited still in the wrapper

A Wilson Augusta 2 blade from the 80’s

And if I keep seeing nice pictures of the new spider x I may be tempted to go, and try one and if I do......

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
There’s probably a couple more hiding back there in the depths of the garage but this is the present list....

Edel E2

Scotty Cameron Futura 7M

Evnroll ER2

Odyssey EXO 2 Ball Limited Edition

Taylormade Spider Tour Black

Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've only ever owned three putters, my oldest is a 1960s Ben Hogan Slazenger very seldom used.
2nd is my favourite a 1980s Ping Answer , 3rd is my newest 2000ish Ping B 61, only used when the Answer has 3 putted :giggle:.