Putters - how many

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
2 putters, a seemore milled putter that I use the majority of the time, I'll never part with that.
A tour issue odyssey jailbird putter that was aquired off a Scottish tour player, using that at the moment as I like it from short range.

Robin Hood

Visit site
I have had 6 or 7 different putters over the years, none ever lasted until I had a putting lesson and tried a counterbalanced Cleveland putter.
Brilliant - I can putt now 👍
Just got to sort out the rest of my game 😁

Oldham92

Hacker
Visit site

Cheap Fazer mallet that was fine for when I was starting out

And just had my new one delivered today. Odyssey white hot Pro #1 with a SS slim 3.0 grip for a massive £80 brand new.

If I buy any more it will be a different head shape to the 2 I've already got.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Two for me but one will be sold as soon as i can be bothered taking pictures and sticking it on here

Scotty Cameron w5 which honestly I am loving

And a Raa Classic blade that I also rate as the most high end kit I’ve ever owned golf wise. Just a shame as I don’t get on with centre shafted putters as it rolls them like nothing else.

Soon to be in the For sale section on here all you bargain spotters....

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I've got a few in purgatory the shed. Presently I use a wonderful looking Odyssey except it doesn't go the right distance in the right direction - just like its forebears !!

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
4, a Ping beryllium B60, which was my Dads favourite. A never compromise half mallet, a Scotty circa 62 number 2, and an Odessey o works number 9, which is presently in the bag.

I was on the verge of buying a custom spider, as I liked my colour combo, but then had a wake up moment when I remembered I really can't putt with them.

D

Deleted member 1147

A ping Scottsdale anser from a GM fitting at Forest of Arden, & an Odyssey

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
How many are recognisable as putters as opposed to old bits of wood tied to other old bits of wood

Cheek! :eek:

Well, a lot would have been recognisable in the glory days of golf but maybe not today:

Jack Berry - It-Sits
Spalding - Gold Medal Model W
Forgan - Victory
J&B - Joyce Wethered
Gradidge "Putter"
Ben Sayers - Benny Mallet
Greenway - De-Luxe
John Letters - Fred Daly Masters Model
Swilken - Gem
Norrie Thomson "Putter"
Spalding - Cash-In
Ben Sayers - Roll-In
Ben Sayers - Parex
Ben Sayers - Moon Shot
John Letters - Golden Goose
Wilson - 8813
Slazenger - JN2000
Slazenger - Johnny Miller
Petron - U1 Impala
Petron - U2
Daiwa - Pro-Balance 5502
Slazenger - Ambassador
GT-400
Bronty - Silver Knight
Bronty - BW6
JB Halley - Model 100
Leatham - Hotblade

Plus a few odd bits of wood and other ancient relics.

Boabski

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Had a couple until recently
I had a Scotty and a Seemore , got rid of Seemore as it was just making me swap around too much

Sidsidgwick

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Technically 2 although they are both the same putter.

Bettinardi A02. Have one and love it so much when a second came up on eBay for a steal I had to buy it. Keep one in the car for that odd time I get to nip to the course for twenty mins on the way home and the other stays in the bag.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Love the responses. I was slightly embarrassed when I produced my 3 putters. An elderly Ram off ebay with a pitted shaft due to immersion in water in some sort of insurance scam, an Odessey White Hot bought for an exorbitant sum in an auction on a Captain's Away weekend, and a Yes Tiffany with a predominantly pink head and a very, very pink grip. With last choice yesterday I had the Yes.

Colonel Bogey

Visit site
Love the responses. I was slightly embarrassed when I produced my 3 putters. An elderly Ram off ebay with a pitted shaft due to immersion in water in some sort of insurance scam, an Odessey White Hot bought for an exorbitant sum in an auction on a Captain's Away weekend, and a Yes Tiffany with a predominantly pink head and a very, very pink grip. With last choice yesterday I had the Yes.

What do you think of the Tiffany?

Canary Kid

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Two. An Odyssey Works Versa #1W and a Ping Sigma G Anser Platinum ... both blade putters. For a few years I only used mallets as I preferred them visually ... I had a Ping Craz-e and an Odyssey 2 ball, and a Ping B60 before them. However, I tried a blade after a poor spell of putting and found that I putted better with it. I always use the Odyssey ... the Ping is a spare.