Putter Grip

Nick_Toye

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I'm still trying to find my own grip, but I have to admit all the videos on youtube, the pictures, the terminology and the metaphors are just confusing the hell out of me.

I look at pictures, and my brain just doesn't compute.

Any tips?

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
don't over complicate gripping a putter! grip it comfortably, otherwise you will grip it too tightly and not putt well.

no real need to interlock/overlap with a putter. I use ten finger/baseball grip as I feel it gives me more control than any thing else.

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm still trying to find my own grip, but I have to admit all the videos on youtube, the pictures, the terminology and the metaphors are just confusing the hell out of me.

Any tips?

Pretty much anything goes, if it's comfortable, as Garry said don't throttle the grip.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Any tips?

Something that feels natural and if it helps to minimize wrist action during the stroke then even better.

Nick_Toye

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
don't over complicate gripping a putter! grip it comfortably, otherwise you will grip it too tightly and not putt well.

no real need to interlock/overlap with a putter. I use ten finger/baseball grip as I feel it gives me more control than any thing else.

What grip do you use for your other clubs?

Ten finger baseball grip? So that's stacking left over right? I have switched between doing that and interlocking like I do with my other clubs. Next time I go to the course I'm going to spend some time on the putting green, if it's open that is.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've always putted cack-handed [40yrs] , left hand below right with the index finger pointing down, it stops me breaking my wrists . All other clubs are normal interlock, putting is the most reliable part of my game. I hardly ever have a Sherman.:whistle:

Nick_Toye

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

What grip do you use for your other clubs?

I've always putted cack-handed [40yrs] , left hand below right with the index finger pointing down, it stops me breaking my wrists . All other clubs are normal interlock, putting is the most reliable part of my game. I hardly ever have a Sherman.:whistle:

What's a Sherman?