Putt for dough...challenge the pros

Deke

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
One of your better ideas mate! I would be soooo up for this,why not have a small tourney for each of the three handicap classes to see who gets picked? Me and my Sandy are chomping at the bit to do this! (said after making a 40 odd foot putt from of the green last sunday :D)

kinhell

Head Pro
Visit site
I would love to have a go. I think I'm a reasonable putter and better than some lower handicappers. I remember a couple of years back I was waiting for a friend to turn up and spent nearly 40 minutes on the putting green. My putting was red hot that day. Just shows how much difference practicng can make even for a short while.
I'm game so bring them on. :cool:

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
My V-Easy and I look good for this!

I know once I sort my iron swing out and start finding greens I am going to have a good summer!

My lag putting and holing out has been pretty stella since I bought bobs miracle sticks

D

Deleted member 1418

I wouldnt beat anyone my putting is poor at the moment,hopefully my new putter will help,heres hoping.Maybe Bob could send me a free v-easy to see if that helps :)

Hope you treated yourself to a putter that was more than a tenner this time!!! :D :D

D

Deleted member 1418

If this ever got off the ground it would be excellent! I think my lag putting and from inside 6 feet are pretty good, but I reckon it's holing out from the 10 - 20 foot range where you'll see just how huge the gap is between a pro and an amateur.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I am happy with my putting, and love fast greens. That said, put me at Augusta on their billiard table surfaces, and massive borrows, and I doubt I'd find the hole from 12" never mind 12 ft.

At my club, I think the pro's would struggle, and I think they would worry about destroying their stroke for ever. We had a kid on the european tour, and he was advised that if he played his home course not to putt out, but pick up and walk on. Ditto for being in the bunkers.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
between the worm casts, tining, water just under the surface so it's like walking on a blancmange, unrepaired pitchmarks, footprints that just won't go away, crowned holes - I'd still lose!

be rather nice to try though

(line is good, just can't get the length)