Push trolley advice wanted (using with stand bag)

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Morning all,

I am back in the market for a push trolley as the knee has finally decided it doesn’t want to carry anymore. I previously had the steward Z (I believe) which is the older version of the newer R1 push but I went back to carrying.

I’ve recently experienced a very unsuccessful relationship with a big max unit which despite the great sales pitch turned out to be a total hunk of junk so I’m looking at staying with one of the main brands, clicgear, stewart etc.

I currently used a titleist sta dry stand bag and when I checked it didn’t like any of the motocaddy push carts, any others people can suggest.

I’ve tried my current bag on the stewart and while it sits perfectly, I’m not totally happy with the way the r1 is built, it seems flimsy for a £200 trolley.

Others on the running are the clicgear 3.5 and rv1c bothnof which seems to come highly recommended.

Paperboy

Mini Cam
Visit site
I've got the older version Clic Gear 3.0, very sturdy and well built easy to setup and put down.

When I had a problem with the break cable they just sent me a new one, even though I was out of warranty.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Are either of you using stand bags?

I still carry bow and then and given my current bag isn’t that old I’m am reluctant to change bag at the moment

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Perhaps not what you want to hear but my recommendation would be a Motocaddy S1 or M1 and then get a 2nd hand Motocaddy cart bag to suit. They lock into place so no annoying swivel. Really good trolleys and the combination works really well.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Are either of you using stand bags?

I still carry bow and then and given my current bag isn’t that old I’m am reluctant to change bag at the moment

Fairly universal elastic fittings at both ends of the Clic-Gear. Had mine over a year now and it's as sturdy as the day I got it -rock solid.

Redtraveller

Club Champion
Visit site
I’ve got the Icart cube. Folds up nicely to keep in the boot of the car and is very lightweight. I used to have the clic gear, it was very good but much bigger when folded down and much, much heavier.

I used to have a TM bag which sat a bit low on the icart but I won a Motocaddy bag which sits perfect now so I’d always try my bag before buying.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
i have an M1 Lite and I think it's great. Folds up small and takes my carry bag (a Nike) no problem. Never had a problem with the carry bag.

Matty6

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I have an S1 lite that I use with quite an awkward shaped TaylorMade carry bag, and I have no issues whatsoever. Bad stays rock solid over the full round.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Thanks guys , I did try the s1 but found the upper jaws didn’t open wide enough to take the Titleist stand bag.

Re the click gear, cheers for the feedback

Re the cube trolleys, after being bitten with the big max episode I want to stay for the higher end product which is tried and tested.

stevench

Club Champion
Visit site
What a great item, thank you for posting this.

I would definitely recommend it. For such a simple item it's done a few things to make the bag better on the cart.

It's stabilised the bag.
Pushed the bag slightly more vertical which is more convinient for using the compartments on the trolley and also better access to clubs.
It also protects the bag legs from any damage that it may have picked up from the trolley.

I'm not meaning to make it sound like a sales pitch but I was questioning how well it would work before I purchased it when it just looked like 3 foam blocks but it does work really well.