Push/Pull Trolleys

Chef1924

Visit site
In the market for a third push/pull trolley.

I've had 2 Motocaddys but disappointingly both have broken around the 3 year mark.

Still got value for the price paid but would be nice if they stayed together indefinitely.

Most trolleys seem well reviewed but any good advice if I move away from Motocaddy? Longevity probably in my decision this time!

Thanks all

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
ClicGear 3.5. Mine’s been going about 8 years now, no issues at all. Everything works together, the umbrella holder and their umbrella handle are a perfect fit for example. It’s like it’s been designed by a golfer rather than someone with no knowledge of the game or a golfer’s needs.

Mandofred

Visit site
ClicGear 3.5. Mine’s been going about 8 years now, no issues at all. Everything works together, the umbrella holder and their umbrella handle are a perfect fit for example. It’s like it’s been designed by a golfer rather than someone with no knowledge of the game or a golfer’s needs.
Same...but only 4 years or so.

i*windows

Visit site
another Clic Gear 3.5 user, its a brilliant trolley extremely well made. Got it second hand on ebay for 30 euros :), 4 years later it's still absolutely perfect.

Wildboy370

skiptongolfclub.co.uk
Hi. I have had the Stewart Z3 for over 8 years. Not a single problem with it, still folds away like dream, runs as smooth as ever, will just roll away down a fairway if left wheel bearings so smooth. They now replaced it with the R2, if that’s as good then no brainier.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Some good answers, oh and HomerJ ?

I've not owned a clicgear myself but people I've played with who have, echo the comments above - pricey though.
Just a thought that elapsed time might not be the best measure, usage will vary. My first venture into trolley world was a cheapy ezeglide one as I was still carrying at the time. It did 5 years+. Still have it but mainly using a leccy now.

Peluqui

Visit site
+1 for the Stewart. Very compact when folded and decent quality. Check their website for ’nearly new’ units at reduced price.

Chef1924

Visit site
Some great feedback here, thanks everyone.

It seems unanimous for Clicgear so will be trying to hunt one down.

What a time for the trolley to break though...stock is low/non-existent everywhere unsurprisingly given the current situation. Hope I can get hold of one for when the courses re-open

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Currently looking at either a Clicgear 4.0 or the Bagboy Nitron. Similar prices..... I've obviously seen the Clicgears in action but only seen the Nitrons in review videos. They review well, and the big attraction is the ease of use, but they are an "unknown" other than that. Does anybody have experience with the brand???

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Currently looking at either a Clicgear 4.0 or the Bagboy Nitron. Similar prices..... I've obviously seen the Clicgears in action but only seen the Nitrons in review videos. They review well, and the big attraction is the ease of use, but they are an "unknown" other than that. Does anybody have experience with the brand???

Having watched the video I am amazed at the lengths that manufacturers will go to in order to get a USP. It’s a bit James Bond isn’t it Smiffy? That and the redesigned tyre tread. :rolleyes: I’d be concerned about how it works after the nitrogen fails, or misfires and opens itself in the boot. The other thing I’d look at is wheel diameter. They look a bit small compared to ClicGear and as a general rule of thumb the bigger the wheel the better it rolls.