Pull shot

Tab373

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Hi have really been struggling with a pull hook for last few weeks played a medal round saturday went round 20over par and as I play off 6 it wasn't good have our captains day Sunday and want to at least score better. I do struggl to practice at moment as have 13 week old daughter and 2 half year old daughter. Played on my own today pull every shot till about the 9 when I started to stand abit closer and at set up just pull my left foot back abit slight open and started to strike it better. Have also noticed by my divots that I am catching the heel of the club on the turf. Swinging abit flat hence standing a bit closer. Anyone else help me with a drill I could try before Sunday. Have also been taken club abit to far on the inside on the way back.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
you appear to have recognised what you need to do differently - it's going to be setup and focusing on that first 1ft off take away.

creating the correct 'obstacle course' at the range with head covers etc would be the obvious drill

Tab373

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Sorted scored 37 points in captains day yesterday and blobbed the 11th. I had the ball too far forward in my stance for a iron which opened my shoulders then I was taking it to far back on the inside hence the pull. now check shoulder are square and take the club back for square and seems to work well for me.

kev_off_the_tee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have/had a wicked slice which I've noticed is due to a steep downswing. I've even over corrected it into a shallow swing turning it into a hook so check your swing line

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sorted scored 37 points in captains day yesterday and blobbed the 11th. I had the ball too far forward in my stance for a iron which opened my shoulders then I was taking it to far back on the inside hence the pull. now check shoulder are square and take the club back for square and seems to work well for me.

Thanks for this, I had the same problem yesterday with the driver so will work on my shoulder alignment. I play for a slight fade but yesterday I had a couple of wild over the top pull hooks !!