Replacing electric radiators?

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Are the old heaters already on fused spurs?

If so, just kill the power to them at the CU and replace the wiring like for like and job is a good un. You’re not creating a new or modifying a circuit.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
He's had a change of heart (or attack of conscience) and now agreed to fit them. I didn't chase him, suspect the daughter's partner has had a quiet word.

Have bought the Stiebel radiators @williamalex1 recommended - should hopefully do the job without costing a fortune. Arrive tomorrow, so hopefully get them fitted this week.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
He's had a change of heart (or attack of conscience) and now agreed to fit them. I didn't chase him, suspect the daughter's partner has had a quiet word.

Have bought the Stiebel radiators @williamalex1 recommended - should hopefully do the job without costing a fortune. Arrive tomorrow, so hopefully get them fitted this week.
Let us know how it goes, electric heating is still the most expensive heating to use whatever heaters you install. Remind her to use the timers and set thermostats to a sensible temp.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
My first place had electric storage radiators that were on a separate meter that charged them at off peak rates. I guess this needs a separate circuit for them but used much cheaper electricity.