pull shot

chipsandegg

Head Pro
Visit site
Hey All,
was wondering if anyone can give any advice.. up until 3 weeks ago i was swinging quite well and hitting probably 60-70% G.I.R. i went for my first lesson for a couple of months with a new teacher and he said he was happy with what i was doing other than i was very "cramped" in my swing and that i was breaking my left arm way to soon. He said he wanted me to concentrate on lots of width in my backswing by keeping my left arm straight. now, ive done this my ball striking is better thanthan it was, the only problem i have now is that i am pulling everything left.. par 3's are a nightmare and im probably only hitting 20% of greens. could it be because im not extending through the swing enough? As usual Folks thanks for any advice you give me. :cool:

B

birdieman

Concentrate on a full upper body turn through a good hip rotation in the downswing, get that chest facing the target. I have asimilar problem sometimes and it is caused by 2 things-
1. A hip slide instead of a hip rotation in the downswing.
2. Lifting the arms at top of backswing then leading the downswing with the arms instead of the body. The arms should stop on the backswing as soon as the shoulders stop turning.

Good luck.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Could you get a video up? that would help us better find your problem.

It could be something as simple as not having your hands far enough forward at set up, this has happened to me. A simple re-adjustment by my pro putting the hands an inch or two forward cleared this up instantly.

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
swinging quite well and hitting probably 60-70% G.I.R.

Why are you asking us? you should have turned pro while you had the chance.

Go and see a (different?) pro.

:cool: :D