Provisional for suspected lost ball, then ball found but unplayable

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Every time someone im playing with carves into jungle I always ask if we're looking for that or not.?
If they saw No.....I don't look.
If they've put a provisional in play I'd hate to find their ball in an impossible position that may require multiple drops or a trip back to the tee.
I would expect the same in return.?.
Is that not biasing towards one player, and yourself, with this effective collusion, simple because you are olaying together, at the expense of the rest of the field ?
Similar to the forbidden leaving of a backstop ball for someone around the green ?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Is that not biasing towards one player, and yourself, with this effective collusion, simple because you are olaying together, at the expense of the rest of the field ?
Similar to the forbidden leaving of a backstop ball for someone around the green ?
I have no requirement to look for anyone's ball but my own...and if I don't wish to look for mine then that is my decision
If someone else has made that decision for themselves then I will respect it.
No collusion, no bias, no rules broken..

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have no requirement to look for anyone's ball but my own...and if I don't wish to look for mine then that is my decision
If someone else has made that decision for themselves then I will respect it.
No collusion, no bias, no rules broken..
I take it isnt a rule broken. But is the spirit not similar to the backstop Decision as it wasnt a rule breaking either.
I am not saying it is, but its similar spectrum.
When explicitly stated as Ill scratch your back and I hope you will scratch mine, then it is a partnership to some degree, against the rest of the field.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I take it isnt a rule broken. But is the spirit not similar to the backstop Decision as it wasnt a rule breaking either.
When explicitly stated as Ill scratch your back and I hope you will scratch mine, then it is a partnership to some degree, against the rest of the field.
Not against the rest of the field, more helping your playing companion do and score his best. And we all want that for our playing companions and fellow competitors…don’t we…🤔

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
So..........are you saying that what I do is wrong..?