protein supplements

6inchcup

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
they are a waste of money,dont work and the majority milk based powders,the body can only absorb so much protein the rest turns to fat or is flushed down the loo.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
they are a waste of money,dont work and the majority milk based powders,the body can only absorb so much protein the rest turns to fat or is flushed down the loo.

A very broad statement. Excessive amount if protein is EXTREMELY hard to turn into fat hence the popularity of the adkins diet and Millions has been spent in research to show the benefits of easily absorbed protein following a workout.
As for it being milk power. Well thats not true either., whey is the liquid that is squeezed out of cheese that is filtered multiple times to remove the crap.

Also, what makes you think they dont work?

Last edited:

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thanks spartacus ordered already but will keep it in mind. Going to see how this ones goes, ordered whey protein 90 isolate from the protein works, and got 500g of protein 80'free, thanks to being recommended :)
Also ordered some thermopro pre workout stuff to try. Will see how it pans out. Thanks again folks ;)

Spartacus

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I'm 6ft of pure lean muscle thanks to PHD diet whey complimenting my workout schedule.

It's ideal to cut fat and build lean muscle at the same time.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm 6ft of pure lean muscle thanks to PHD diet whey complimenting my workout schedule.

It's ideal to cut fat and build lean muscle at the same time.

Without the use if growth hormone it is almost impossible to effectively burn fat and build muscle at the same time. Your body is either in a anabolic state or catabolic state. One needs surplus calories the other needs a deficit. Some athletes lay claim to be able to achieve this but even the colgan institute of America said it would require an individual to be 100% in tune with his calorific requirements and training intensity. Without unlimited use of a "body pod" this is too difficult to achieve

Last edited:

Spartacus

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
No it's not. I'm living proof.

I'm cutting fat and building lean muscle at the same time.

PHD diet whey assists with this.

I've tried other protein and not one was as effective as this product.

I've been training like an athlete for the last 2 years and the proof is in the proverbial pudding!

I agree cutting and building may not work for all though.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
No it's not. I'm living proof.

I'm cutting fat and building lean muscle at the same time.

PHD diet whey assists with this.

I've tried other protein and not one was as effective as this product.

I've been training like an athlete for the last 2 years and the proof is in the proverbial pudding!

I agree cutting and building may not work for all though.

Then you should contact flex magazine and show them your proof. your going to make a fortune with this knowledge.

Personally i think you've put on muscle and spread the fat you already have over a bigger area givin the llusion that you are leaner.

Last edited:

Stuey01

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've recently had Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard whey. Wasn't bad value in a big tub and, crucially, the vanilla ice cream flavour is really nice.

Spartacus

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Then you should contact flex magazine and show them your proof. your going to make a fortune with this knowledge.

Personally i think you've put on muscle and spread the fat you already have over a bigger area givin the llusion that you are leaner.

What a ridiculous thought.

I'm telling you what I am and you're telling me back without seeing or knowing me. It would appear that you like to believe what you want to believe.

I have my body fat measured and my sizes recorded. Data proofed.

Just because you can't doesn't mean others can't.

6inchcup

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A very broad statement. Excessive amount if protein is EXTREMELY hard to turn into fat hence the popularity of the adkins diet and Millions has been spent in research to show the benefits of easily absorbed protein following a workout.
As for it being milk power. Well thats not true either., whey is the liquid that is squeezed out of cheese that is filtered multiple times to remove the crap.

Also, what makes you think they dont work?
there was a documentry on the tv a few months ago that proved my point,showed what whent in the product and the results.

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
There are scientific reports on all subjects that contradict each other, so the to program you saw may have a point but there will be a study to counter that.
There are studies to say the world is getting warmer and then there are studies to say it's getting colder.
Sure proper butter was deemed as bad for you years ago when marg came out now they have doubled back.
I asked for help, and got some good advice, I would like to make my own decision based on the results I get personally not what someone on tv says.
You are entitled to your opinion of course I will hopefully get to make my own over the coming weeks.

Spartacus

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
That's exactly it JT. You'll find what works for you.

I watched a documentary with Danny Dyer in. He said Vinnie Jones was the hardest man in Britain. Must be true if it's on a documentary!

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
When I started training again I used Phd powders and they are quite good, but they are expensive, also I found the flavours to be quite sweet, which I personally found off putting after training made me feel sick.

I've also been using 'The Protein Works' stuff, that is very good, the Vanilla Crème whey protein is very nice, mixed with milk or water it tastes great, as for their pills, they come in flat(ish) tubs, that will fit through any letter box if bought individually, and they are not that expensive. I've got a mix of BCAA, CLA, Green Tea Extract and Protein Whey from them, and will mot likely buy the pills from them when I run out. If anyone wants to use The Protein works then my referral code is DS564823 and The Protein Works Link

I've also got a load of powders, pills and some clothes from 'My Protein' and to be fair I favour their Protein Whey, the Chocolate Peanut flavour is great, along with Sticky Toffee Pudding flavour, however stay away from the Peanut Cookie that is rank, if you want to use My Protein then my referral code is MP34089261

As for getting carbs into your system after training, a scoop of dextrose into your protein shake will do the job.

Puter Putter

Medal Winner
Visit site
Whey protein is great for building muscle mass, once you have it you then need unbounded energy in your sporting activities. There are various supplements to give you more energy out there. Things like Vitamin B complexes with Folic Acid, Niacin and of course B12 can all help reduce tiredness and increase your overall energy levels and mental performance. I am talking about this sort of thing : http://www.365vitamins.co.uk/increased-energy/advanced-vitamin-b-complex

These type of vitamin complexes help keep me performing at my peak whatever sport whether Golfing days, Rugby at the weekend of Footy. Hope this helps!

3-off-the-tee

Visit site
My protein is good and they usually have decent offers on which give you a decent discount.

I’ve recently started training again and I’m using protein shakes to supplement my dietary protein intake. Getting around 120g of protein from my daily diet and then 40-60g from protein shakes.