Proposal: Regional Threads

The Lion

Visit site
Hi everyone.

During all these lockdowns I’ve been reading so many threads and in doing so have done a lot of thinking. It’s dawned on me that we all talk a fair bit about doing meet-ups, but it’s hard to make them happen.

Thus I came up with the idea of each region having its own permanent thread, perhaps as part of a new, separate category just for regions. Either that, or regional threads within “Arrange a Game”.

Having regional threads would make chatting about local issues, organising small events and get togethers easier - and maybe bring about a return to a nationwide series of events, with each region organising an event or two, reducing the burden on a small number of individuals.

If people agree, we could get these threads set up and running very soon.

What do you all think? ?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
if you want/need a regional thread to arrange games/league etc just post one, if it works it works, if it doesnt nothing lost. regionality worked for one of the comps GM ran a few years back for sure (KofK?) dont think it would help for separate forums as plenty play games all over the country at different times

meet ups arent that hard to make happen, if you post them at an ok course and at an ok price youll get takers, has always been the way :)