Projector for less than £100 --- is it possible

albie999

Visit site
Shame I cannot find something around that price, that is kinda what I would like. Also, interesting that you not got the image huge, which actually does not look that bad, seeing as you are still having the visual in front of you. Can you remember how far away, you had the projector from your screen?

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Shame I cannot find something around that price, that is kinda what I would like. Also, interesting that you not got the image huge, which actually does not look that bad, seeing as you are still having the visual in front of you. Can you remember how far away, you had the projector from your screen?
It was overhead about 2m30 away (halfway down the garage). It certainly did the job.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
I don't even feel comfortable hitting a driver at the range as I feel a bit compact in the bays.

I have potential to set up something in the garage, but would be more than happy doing irons and wedges indoors. Really work on distance control, which is where a few hours practice is going to help massively.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Did you have any Shadow problems, as in you getting in the frame?
No because I had it directly above where the ball would be so I was never in front of it. I had a piece of card next to the light bulb to block light it the direction of the projector as it was right next to it but the higher the lumens the less of an issue that becomes. As a contrast, this is my 3200lumen short throw projector for a similar distance not on full zoom. That’s full width of the garage.
34BC72C8-85E5-4B84-A1D3-F8A9209297E9.jpeg

albie999

Visit site
No because I had it directly above where the ball would be so I was never in front of it. I had a piece of card next to the light bulb to block light it the direction of the projector as it was right next to it but the higher the lumens the less of an issue that becomes. As a contrast, this is my 3200lumen short throw projector for a similar distance not on full zoom. That’s full width of the garage.
View attachment 28732
Was it a short throw projector?

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Ah ok, just thought a non short throw would have been further away, which is why was worried about the shadow

You can pretty much see the difference between short throw and without in my pics above Albie. One covers the whole space the other is like having a big tv there.......but not one you can smash ?

They are both an equivalent distance away from the screens pretty much. I think project point has a throw calculator on their website but don’t think I could make much sense of it to be honest. I bought the same one a local pro uses for his pop up simulator.