Game Golf Live - is it worth it for £99

albie999

Visit site
Hi there, just wanted peoples thoughts on Game Golf Live. I have been using Taylormade's My Round Pro, which is good, but would like something a bit more automated

Noticed that Game Golf Pro is now out, but at a price tag of £299, is a bit steep .. have seen on Amazon, that I can get it for $99 from the states (equiv to £80) with free postage, or from Amazon UK for £109, and wondered if it is worth it, and if is any good?

Hope some people have some experience of it

UK - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Game-Golf-...e&qid=1555320796&s=gateway&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1

US - https://www.amazon.com/GAME-GOLF-Live-Tracking-System/dp/B014UY7LV2

Steve

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
100%

I dont think pro is worth it personally.. but live I have had for about 2 years now.. very useful and better than the original

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I picked one up on ebay recently for £50. I'm sure you wouldn't have to pay £99 for it.
I like it, but quite often get to the first tee, have a chat with my mates, exchange insults and then completely forget to use it for the first 7 holes.... must be an age thing.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I picked one up on ebay recently for £50. I'm sure you wouldn't have to pay £99 for it.
I like it, but quite often get to the first tee, have a chat with my mates, exchange insults and then completely forget to use it for the first 7 holes.... must be an age thing.

it takes getting used to.. I love a gadget so instantly it became part of my pre shot routine

check yards
pick a club I hope will make it
tap club
practice swing
top ball
tap again
hit shot i should have hit in first place
die inside

albie999

Visit site
Where I am usinig MyRoundPro at the moment, am getting into the routine of manual selecting which club I am using now, so thinking tagging would not be to much different. Also seen people mentioning having to keep phone in pocket, do you need to do that still with the belt clip?

Also, one thing I like on MyRoundPro, is being able to see a course / hole layout on my phone, as distances .... as I have my phone mounted in a caddie on my trolley, does GG Live also show similar graphics?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Where I am usinig MyRoundPro at the moment, am getting into the routine of manual selecting which club I am using now, so thinking tagging would not be to much different. Also seen people mentioning having to keep phone in pocket, do you need to do that still with the belt clip?

Also, one thing I like on MyRoundPro, is being able to see a course / hole layout on my phone, as distances .... as I have my phone mounted in a caddie on my trolley, does GG Live also show similar graphics?

Yes it does show a read out of the hole

Don’t need to keep in pocket but it helps if you can

drs1878

Head Pro
Visit site
I've been using game golf since start of the year..... pre shot routine includes tab of club and I don't really notice it now!

It's good for analysis post round however playing links golf it doesn't take into account 25mph headwind when my 5iron only goes 125 yards 😳

I don't use the caddy option so doesn't even need to be connected to phone during play. The unit is gps enabled and can store 10 rounds (I think) just download to your phone post round!!

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
it takes getting used to.. I love a gadget so instantly it became part of my pre shot routine

check yards
pick a club I hope will make it
tap club
practice swing
top ball
tap again
hit shot i should have hit in first place
die inside

Does it register when you chuck a club in disgust?