Pro shops, does anyone buy from them?

Nickrat

Club Champion
Visit site
Also if you win a few comps and get some credit your forced to pay these over inflated prices. Although to be fair our course inst too bad and the pro gives decent price for trade in's.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Also if you win a few comps and get some credit your forced to pay these over inflated prices. Although to be fair our course inst too bad and the pro gives decent price for trade in's.

My last purchase from our pro shop was a Motocaddy Cube Push Trolley. RRP £159.99. I think I paid £149.99 - American Golf selling it for £139.99

I don't view that as an inflated price and was happy to buy it - especially as the £10 extra I paid compared with AG will go into club funds as we own the shop.

D

Deleted Member 1156

My last big purchase from my pro shop was a goKart 18 hole trolley. Normal price £299.......did it for me for £250! What's not to like??

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
Only if I have vouchers tbh, he fired an email out a few months back talking about price matching. So the first thing I asked to match he said it was lower than cost sorry. So bought it from elsewhere!!

He gets all the revenue from the comps so I guess he doesn't care even tho he's an old friend from Juniors :-(

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Tend to buy my stuff there where I can.

Sadly they don't have an account with Mizuno but they will always price match with the shops on the internet.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
We have an old school tiny pro shop and a pro who pleads poverty but will price match the internet and give as much advice as you like, he runs the starter sheet at every comp, 2’s comps and pro am card and generally does a good job. I’ve bought plenty from him over the years

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
We have an old school tiny pro shop and a pro who pleads poverty but will price match the internet and give as much advice as you like, he runs the starter sheet at every comp, 2’s comps and pro am card and generally does a good job. I’ve bought plenty from him over the years

Our shop is very small in square footage but the pro and assistant do a sterling job and have been a revelation since they came. Does a good job with the comps, 2's etc do a lot to help members. Even put on a pro's day (unheard of before). Works hard to be competitive and would do more if space was there

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
see I am defo all about price as tonight proved

got an email this weekend only O work putters £82.50..

so headed down.. they had 2 left.. didnt like either of them

saw a sign 20% off all putters (next to the ping set) so had my eye on a 2 ball odyssey white hot pro.. liked it

anyways asked how much.. got the young lad because pro had gone home.. he said oh all odysseys are 50% off.. who am I to argue? £55 instead of £110... then added a super stroke grip £25.. £80 total cost

sold my putter to a guy at work (white hot pro rossie with a super stroke) for £20

net cost £60

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
I buy almost exclusively from my driving range pro shop, good value and great deals. Also get my lessons there and know the staff well now.

Would highly recommend it to locals.

FuzzyDuck

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Well I started this thread a while ago and I finally made purchase (other than balls, tees or gloves) at my clubs shop. I turned up on Saturday knowing it was carry only with my original Wilson carry bag. The bag is very poor, legs are too narrow and pockets that just don't work. Whilst I was in the pro shop I was perusing the Ben Ross carry bags at £99. Without any prompting from me, the pro said you could have it for £90. He had an instant sale! Much better bag, made the round a much better experience.

D

Deleted member 1740

My pro charged me £120 for 10 new multi compound grips, I thought it was well over the odds but I paid it. I won’t give him another penny.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
my mate runs a pro shop , does me good prices on anything that he stocks..

grips he advised me to go on ebay and buy from there and he would fit them all for £15 .. got a very good price on the grips. he said the stockers charge him stupid prices and he has reverted to buying off other pros via ebay to fit to clubs at times

D

Deleted member 1740

£10 a grip aren't they? So slightly over yeah.

He doesnt pay £10 a grip. whenever i've had them done before at other places, they've always charged me £6 per club.You can buy them for about £6/7 a grip off the internet.

I was expecting to pay £80-90 max. It's his loss though because i'll never give him another penny.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
i tend to buy everything from pro shops. My clubs doesn't really sell clubs, but most if not all my golfing attire comes from there and clubs i get from on of the shops in Inverness run by the 3 pro's at them. i doubt i could get the clubs cheaper anyway elsewhere.

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
He doesnt pay £10 a grip. whenever i've had them done before at other places, they've always charged me £6 per club.You can buy them for about £6/7 a grip off the internet.

I was expecting to pay £80-90 max. It's his loss though because i'll never give him another penny.

Did you not get a quote before agreeing. No one made you pay that? Seems strange you blame him for charging his rate and the fact you chose to pay it.