Prize money for comps.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Hows is yours dished out ?

Ours is vouchers for the club shop. They last for 6 months. A PP has had a bit of a moan as he was saving towards a wedge but has had to cash in for some gloves. Says 6 months is not long enough especially as the shop has already had the money.
Thoughts and how yours is dished out greatly appreciated. 👍

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
Similar at ours. Vouchers can be used at the pro shop or at the club house bar/restaurant and are valid til the end of the next January normally. It is always a bit hilarious when you try to use one, though, because especially the guy who runs the pro shop has a very complicated system of keeping track of them and make them work with his sophisticated and slightly overkill cash register system. Makes buying a pair of gloves a real adventure every time ...

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
2's money and comp prize money goes into a book in the pro-shop.....you can accumulate it as long as you like and let your fund build up to finance a "premium" purchase if you want.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ours go on the bar card. We barely have a shop, no pro so just balls, gloves, jumpers, so that is not great if you win often, not my problem unfortunately. You can use it towards next years fees, assuming you want to stay of course.

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
Ours is 2 years or the next April if you add the funds to your account, as the pro clears his accounts every April !!

I like the idea of a club card, drinks foods or equipment, out pro wants all the proceeds through him for obvious reasons. His words he doesn't sit in a shop all day not to make money. I guess thats a fair point.

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Seems to be a mix at my club, but not sure as its my first year there. I can see from the last couple weeks results, that it is mainly money handed out but for one come the first prize was a £20 voucher, so I'm not sure. No pro shop or anything so unsure where the voucher will be for.

All I know is I'm due £7 for a second place finish but I haven't received it yet.

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Ours are GUI vouchers which can be used in any golf shop including AG and other proshops. Normally have a 6 month date on them. Our winter sweeps were put on our bar card.

I had £110 vouchers which i got since i joined in Feb #winterbandit

Value depends on how many enter but I got £50 for a win and £30 for a section win so it is pretty decent.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Don't know yet. I won the July medal and a division prize in the Christmas comp and he hasn't given me either yet! Still don't know what I've won.

Ross61

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Everyone has a pro shop account and all winnings go on that to spend in the pro shop only. There doesn’t appear to be a time limit but the pro has a winge after a while if you don’t spend it especially if you have a large amount on your account.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Ours is 3 ways.

If its a big comp there would be a scratch and a handicap prize. That is SGU vouchers which are good for 12 months and i think now can even be added to pay towards your membership.

There is also the sweep prize which is goes on your account and last as long as you are a member.

Medal would be cash and voucher.

Twos is cash

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
In our ladies comps we now give one3all cards, they can be used a loads of shops and establishments and have a 2 year life, I have spent a few at American Golf.

Our mixed and mens comps get credit in the pro's shop. I don't think there is any time limit as he just keeps a running total on a spreadsheet.

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Don't know yet. I won the July medal and a division prize in the Christmas comp and he hasn't given me either yet! Still don't know what I've won.

You won a comp 9 months ago and you have not been weighed in nor know what you have due. Very strange club you belong to.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
You won a comp 9 months ago and you have not been weighed in nor know what you have due. Very strange club you belong to.
Weighed in?? It's not a boxing club!

They have a presentation thing at the end of the year, but I wasn't able to make it on the day. Been trying to arrange to pick them up ever since, but whenever I'm down there, the club sec is not and vice versa.

D

Deleted member 21258

Ours all ends up on our 'club card' which we can use at the bar, pro shop or to cover comp entires. No use by date either!

This plus the range (apart from comp entries I think). So normally gets spent by Adam up the range or in the bar on food/drink.

Works well for us.

D

Deleted member 16999

2’s to Pro Shop acct, valid 12 months, Comps is vouchers which can be used in shop, bar or against membership fees.

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Weighed in?? It's not a boxing club!

They have a presentation thing at the end of the year, but I wasn't able to make it on the day. Been trying to arrange to pick them up ever since, but whenever I'm down there, the club sec is not and vice versa.

I took it as relating to horse racing when the bookies never used to pay out until those two words had been announced.