Pressure Washer for Patio

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Needing to buy a pressure washer to clean our patio - thinking Karcher K3 or K4. Wife thinks cheaper K3 should do. Any thoughts on whether K4 is worth the extra £60 cost. Or alternative.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
K4 has 10 bar more pressure and higher flow rate. So works better for heavier soiling. But if it’s not really bad then the K3 is more than enough.

Alternative is Nilfisk. My last PW was a Nilfisk and it was good. Metal impeller vs Karcher’s plastic.

I went back to Karcher (K4) after the Nilfisk burned out as it was on a decent offer.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
We got our patio and driveway cleaned last week. The guy who did it said his pressure washer was £3500 and he also has one that was £5000 which runs on diesel for the heat and pressure. I can ask him about models if you are interested? :p

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I cleaned ours last week with my 25+ year old Bosch Aquatak 100, and it came up a treat. I don't need it for heavy use, just cleaning the car and washing the patio, and it does both jobs fine. You can get the lastest version for just over £50 at Amazon (Bosch Aquatak 110.).
You can also get the 135 bar unit complete with patio washer for £110.50 at B&Q (Bosch Universal Aquatak 135 KIT Pressure Washer)
Both cheaper than the Karscher.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
I cleaned ours last week with my 25+ year old Bosch Aquatak 100, and it came up a treat. I don't need it for heavy use, just cleaning the car and washing the patio, and it does both jobs fine. You can get the lastest version for just over £50 at Amazon (Bosch Aquatak 110.).
You can also get the 135 bar unit complete with patio washer for £110.50 at B&Q (Bosch Universal Aquatak 135 KIT Pressure Washer)
Both cheaper than the Karscher.
Thing is though is that 25 years ago, Bosch produced quality tools in every guise. Then they split the product in to "green" (home & DIY) and "blue" (Professional) and the quality of the green tools fell of a cliff face. I have several blue tools that are superb quality but every green tool that I have had has either lacked power, had poor build quality or has just burned out in no time.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Thing is though is that 25 years ago, Bosch produced quality tools in every guise. Then they split the product in to "green" (home & DIY) and "blue" (Professional) and the quality of the green tools fell of a cliff face. I have several blue tools that are superb quality but every green tool that I have had has either lacked power, had poor build quality or has just burned out in no time.
Fair enough. I have a few of the Green tools with the one-for-all system and they do for me. I'm not a heavy diyer but they are good enough for the jobs I do. I can't justify paying the higher prices for the amount of use they get put to.
I'm not sure if the same applies to the power washers as the hand tools though.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Nilfisk over Karcher. I dont know if things have changed, but when i was big into car detailing, this was always the advice. Karcher used to suffer with long-term quality.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Fair enough. I have a few of the Green tools with the one-for-all system and they do for me. I'm not a heavy diyer but they are good enough for the jobs I do. I can't justify paying the higher prices for the amount of use they get put to.
I'm not sure if the same applies to the power washers as the hand tools though.
AFAIK even the pressure washers are split by green/blue.

When you bought yours they were all green as that was Bosch Tools corporate colours.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
I had a K3 for umpteen years until my son broke it. We (!) now have a K4. Both did/do the job perfectly but the higher pressure is sometimes useful.

FELL75

Visit site
It's hateful isn't it? I tried one of the patio cleaner attachments once, the disk with the spinner nozzles inside. Good for stopping back spray but useless for actually cleaning the surface. Back to the small nozzle, getting filthy, aching back :cry:
Certainly is! So many better ways I could spend those couple of hours. Almost as bad as painting garden fences 🤪🤬

RichA

Visit site
Our patio at the back is a nasty peach colour that darkens over time.
The driveway at the front is a less obnoxious reddy pink that also darkens over time.
Roughly every 5 years, MrsA and I have the same conversation...

The patio and drive look disgusting.
I prefer them when they're darker.
Maybe you should replace them.
Have you any idea how much backbreaking work that would involve?
Maybe we should pay someone to do it.

At this point I usually get the Kaercher K3 out of the garage and spend a miserable day pushing it around, effectively resetting the 5-year timer on the conversation.
It does the job ok.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
How much are people paying for a professional job these days. My block paved drive needs doing again and I dread the idea of pressure washing and re-sanding.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
How much are people paying for a professional job these days. My block paved drive needs doing again and I dread the idea of pressure washing and re-sanding.
Ours was £400 and took them 2 whole days to clean, re-sand and then seal afterwards. It was for a patio and drive way, about 40m2 in total. Did a great job and cleaned the walls, windows and doors afterwards that had been splattered with mud/moss, etc

Newtonuti

Visit site
I've got a K3, more then enough for cleaning the cars, blasting down the patio, cleaning the outside of the log cabin, or even blowing all the sand/geofix away when in the hands of the mrs, so I then have to pay for and re-sand/re-geofix the drive and patio. lovely stuff.

Anyone want to buy a mrs? Pack of ProV1's and she's yours.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Nilfisk over Karcher. I dont know if things have changed, but when i was big into car detailing, this was always the advice. Karcher used to suffer with long-term quality.
This. I still do car detailing and I'd always go Nilfisk (can't afford a Kranzle!).

Patio cleaning is alot easier when you soak it in patio cleaner and leave it to dwell for 10 mins, then smash it with a powerful Nilfisk :cool: