Pressure washers

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Afternoon

I own a pressure washer and to be fair, it’s been a trooper over the last 10 years. Only cost me 60 quid from The Range but kicked out 130 bar.

It’s tired now and my decking needs a good boodgie out. I back onto a small lake and use this water to flower plants. Therefore my decking starts to look like Dr David Banner in a bad mood.

Takes a good day to scrub it prior to staining it.

I was looking at a decent Stanley 150 bar one from BnQ but they are out of stock. It was only 90 quid.

Also had a 10 meter hose and loads of tools

Can anyone recommend an alternative

Budget is around a ton. Aware karcher are a good name but I have personally found them to be very unreliable. Still, if you have seen a good deal, I am all ears.

Cheers.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
I use Nilfisk. They do a vast range to suit budget and are/were seen as more reliable and robust than Karcher. Here's an Amazon link to one around your budget. My only niggle with Nilfisk (and probably all other power washers) is that one broken 1p rubber washer brings the whole lot down! Nilfiisk have metal pumps which are supposed to last longer. Cheaper Karcher ones didn't have metal pumps, but that may have changed now.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nilfisk-125-bar-Pressure-Washer/dp/B01MT9QEJL/ref=sr_1_10?s=outdoors&ie=UTF8&qid=1522852148&sr=1-10&refinements=p_4%3ANilfisk

*TQ*

Club Champion
Visit site
Agree with Nilfisk did a lot of research before I bought mine and it's generally agreed they're certainly more robust and more for your money than Karcher.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Nilfisk again! Karcher use (or always used to) a plastic impeller which is a weak link. Nilfisk use metal.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Daft question

What is the difference between nominal or working pressure and Max pressure?

What pressure rating is the most important?

I presume working pressure is inside the pump and max pressure is from the nozzle?

Matty6

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I also need a pressure washer for cleaning off my decking. Only issue for me is that the water pressure for my outside tap isn’t great. I had a cheapo pressure washer that worked great in my old house but is pathetic where I live now. Any recommendations for a pressure washer that works well on low water pressure? Had a lad clean the upvc fascias with a beast of a karcher and that handled the low pressure fine, but I don’t wanna spend silly money on one.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
P1020088.jpg Save your energy apply this using a watering can then just leave it for a day or two. BnQ sell a 5 litre organic one I can't remember the name, but it does the same job .:thup: