Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

4LEX

Visit site
Agreed. He’s an artificial, PR machine. Good manager but I doubt there’s much “real” in the persona.

I think he's the same as most managers, smiles and charisma when winning but has a dark side when he doesn't. I recall some spiteful and arrogant comments to reporters in the past when Liverpool lost or drew. Pep does exactly the same when City play badly.

Always thought Klopp was genuine though, just a little unhinged at times which makes him more likeable.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Have Liverpool really been that good this season? There's no doubt that the results suggest that they have been the best team but are they really that far ahead of the others in terms of performances? This is a genuine question as I've only seen a few of their games in the whole. The rest I've seen highlights on MOTD or followed live text on BBC. They've certainly been very impressive in some games but in others it seems that they've found a way to win without playing particularly well.

I'm not trying to diminish Liverpool's achievements this season as they will be worthy winners when they do win the title but they seemed to be playing far better last season in the games I watched than when I've seen them this season.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Lmao Liverpool battered and played shite, it has been coming.
No Klopp running down the touch line punching air like he’s won the treble.
Will win the league easy but nothing else

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Have Liverpool really been that good this season? There's no doubt that the results suggest that they have been the best team but are they really that far ahead of the others in terms of performances? This is a genuine question as I've only seen a few of their games in the whole. The rest I've seen highlights on MOTD or followed live text on BBC. They've certainly been very impressive in some games but in others it seems that they've found a way to win without playing particularly well.

I'm not trying to diminish Liverpool's achievements this season as they will be worthy winners when they do win the title but they seemed to be playing far better last season in the games I watched than when I've seen them this season.
No weakest league ever

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No weakest league ever

Not sure I'd agree with that. There's not much doubt that the other Top 6 clubs haven't been up to their usual standards but I think Liverpool's results have made it look worse than it really is. Liverpool haven't played well and have managed to get a win. Man City haven't played well and have drawn or lost. It's Liverpool's results, rather than their performances, and the results and performances of the other big clubs that have made it seem like the league had been weak.

Pin-seeker

Visit site

Liverpool looked better last season.
But this season they’ve also won whilst not playing their best,that’s how you win titles.
I genuinely can’t see how anyone can argue that the top end of the league is poor this season,even Liverpool fans are pointing out how poor Chelsea,Man utd,Spurs & Arsenal are,but as soon as anyone suggests the competition is poor they throw a strop ?‍♂️

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
They've been scraping results for the last few weeks but there have also been times this season when they've been unplayable. I think they'll regroup (bad luck Bournemouth) and try and get the necessary points asap. After that, depending on whether they are still in the CL can rotate some players and rest a few

D

Deleted member 1740

The title is won and the only thing domestically you had to play for was going unbeaten. When you've got something to protect it changes the mentality and I think we've seen that in the last 4-5 games. The only game that matters is Atletico in a few weeks.

Disagree. Winning the domestic double or the treble is more important than going unbeaten imo.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Really interesting story. Is this the template for future racist incidents? Would they have played out the game had it been 0-0 or similar?

Classy from Bayern still, at all levels by all accounts.

saw that yesterday LT, apparently Bayern fans held up a banner. It never mentioned what the banner was all about but certainly upset a few.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
The banner was about Hoffenheims owner. Most clubs in Germany are owned by the fans, but not Hoffenheim. So they hate the ownership model.

Hoffenheims owner has overseen them climb 5 divisions or so. Fan owned clubs see this as an unwelcome trend.

Tashyboy

Visit site
The banner was about Hoffenheims owner. Most clubs in Germany are owned by the fans, but not Hoffenheim. So they hate the ownership model.

Hoffenheims owner has overseen them climb 5 divisions or so. Fan owned clubs see this as an unwelcome trend.

I can remember reading that bit and Having a smile thinking FFP. If he has bank rolled them there, fair play to him. Don’t think it warrants personal abuse though ☹️

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
saw that yesterday LT, apparently Bayern fans held up a banner. It never mentioned what the banner was all about but certainly upset a few.
The translation I read suggested his mother was a lady of the night ?.

The tradition of clubs not having a wealthy backer is strong in Germany, something I think we don't quite grasp as we have always had them. Clearly they feel strongly. Not condoning it incidentally.

Tashyboy

Visit site
The translation I read suggested his mother was a lady of the night ?.

The tradition of clubs not having a wealthy backer is strong in Germany, something I think we don't quite grasp as we have always had them. Clearly they feel strongly. Not condoning it incidentally.

Classy from the fans, wasn’t it something along those lines that the Italian defender said to Zinedine Zidane in the World Cup final

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just seen our segment on Motd

Nice to see us give full credit for the result, sometimes they like to focus on the other team being poor

Also nice to see the pundits mention the unrest in the fans is all against the way the club is run not against the players

Wonder if the board will now sue the BBC like they did sky ?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Classy from the fans, wasn’t it something along those lines that the Italian defender said to Zinedine Zidane in the World Cup final
That's my understanding as well. We have lots of swear words and insults in this country but we don't go for family members as a rule, certainly not the parents. We only do civilised abuse ??