Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I’ll disagree, were in the history books does it mention who was in charge when trophies are won.

Sheik every day of the week for me.

I’ll give you a hyperthetical:
If you won the Euromillions tomorrow would you buy a new car or buy second hand for 3 years so in the 4th year a new car would feel better?

Firstly, I never mentioned it saying anything in history books.

Secondly, everything you have previously said about not wanting it to be a business are absolute bollocks, then.

The euromillions isnt a sport.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Easy to be fair minded when you have a CL trophy in the cabinet and a PL one about to join it. Also easy when your squad is loaded with top players and your income revenues are coming in nicely.

Most fans couldn't care less and would happily choose option 1. I suspect only fans of Liverpool, Arsenal and possibly Man Utd would talk about option 2 and use the phrase fair minded as it is really about keeping the status quo.

Were Liverpool a world power before the 1970's, were Man U one before the mid-60's?

In the 1960's Everton were the bigger club on Merseyside, Arsenal were possibly the biggest English club, historically. Sunderland have 6 league titles, Forest have 2 European cups, Everton are still 4th in terms of league titles.

Things change.

Most of these things happened before money became the main defining factor, and probably for 20-30 after the above also, but if you want to short-cut it all by being a plaything, you go ahead, but yes, some football fans will always give it a "but", and long may it continue, to the genuine sports lovers. I no longer count you in the ranks.(y)

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Easy to be fair minded when you have a CL trophy in the cabinet and a PL one about to join it. Also easy when your squad is loaded with top players and your income revenues are coming in nicely.

Most fans couldn't care less and would happily choose option 1. I suspect only fans of Liverpool, Arsenal and possibly Man Utd would talk about option 2 and use the phrase fair minded as it is really about keeping the status quo.

With what you have spent in the last few years, you could have also been in a similar position....if you would have spent in wisely and had a better manager.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The 90’s only account for 10 of the 30yrs, what about the other 10?;)

In 2013/14 you were top with a few games to go, that wasn’t down to City spending? Mansoor had been the owner for 5yrs then.:unsure:

Why not pick 2018/19 as an example, after all if the FFP-dodgers hadnt of bought Sterling from us and he was scoring for us instead, 1st and 2nd place may have been very different.

D

Deleted member 16999

Firstly, I never mentioned it saying anything in history books.

Secondly, everything you have previously said about not wanting it to be a business are absolute bollocks, then.

The euromillions isnt a sport.
No Pete, not bollocks, I’ve stated it is a business, I’d love it to be a sport again, but that ship has well and truly sailed. Simply facing reality and the future rather than looking to the past.

D

Deleted member 16999

Why not pick 2018/19 as an example, after all if the FFP-dodgers hadnt of bought Sterling from us and he was scoring for us instead, 1st and 2nd place may have been very different.
Because 13/14 was totally in your hands and nothing to do with Mansoor’s money.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
No Pete, not bollocks, I’ve stated it is a business, I’d love it to be a sport again, but that ship has well and truly sailed. Simply facing reality and the future rather than looking to the past.

Yes, bollocks, inconsistent POV's.

Its still a sport, but the more the Billionaires come in the less so, but you want to add to that!!!!!

I'm not daft enough to know that the likes of Liverpool and United have a large advantage due to worldwide support (to an extent), which is why I'm in favour of a "levelling" of neutral revenue streams in the sport, which would dis-advantage my club, to an extent, but for the good of the game would love to see a Forest do what they did, Burnley win a league etc.

If you just want to go down the spin the wheel to see who gets the next billionaire of the rank, you go ahead.(y)

D

Deleted member 16999

So the fact that they had invested for 6 years had nothing to do with it.

We could barely afford decent football studs.
Rodgers spent over £300 million during his time as manager. I’m not sure what type of studs yous needed.(y)

D

Deleted member 16999

Yes, bollocks, inconsistent POV's.

Its still a sport, but the more the Billionaires come in the less so, but you want to add to that!!!!!

I'm not daft enough to know that the likes of Liverpool and United have a large advantage due to worldwide support (to an extent), which is why I'm in favour of a "levelling" of neutral revenue streams in the sport, which would dis-advantage my club, to an extent, but for the good of the game would love to see a Forest do what they did, Burnley win a league etc.

If you just want to go down the spin the wheel to see who gets the next billionaire of the rank, you go ahead.(y)
It’s not inconsistent, it’s realistic.

Why should any Club be denied the chance of a billionaire, whether that be you or Burnley.

There is absolutely no chance of any team winning the PL without massive investment and in reality there are only a few that can do it under current ffp rules.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Why should any Club be denied the chance of a billionaire, whether that be you or Burnley.

There is absolutely no chance of any team winning the PL without massive investment and in reality there are only a few that can do it under current ffp rules.

Go the other way, as I said, level out more of the cash.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Again, so you have say 8 clubs with billionaires, 12 without.

Your doing the business model again, instead of the sporting.

Now officially a bollocks-fest.

paddyc

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
selling Gnabry for 5m still looks cracking business i see ;)
Yeah for all Wengers good signings of which there was quite a few you have to feel that some great young talent such as Gnabry ,the ox ,Walcott were not well managed, coached or played in their best positions to get the best out of them. As well picking up injuries that was a real problem at Arsenal a few years ago. With the right coaching Gnabry is worth a fortune now and scoring goals for fun against english teams Hindsight a great thing but definitely one that got away.