Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

That shows what we all already know, City, Chelsea, Utd and Liverpool spend massive amounts. Is that meant to be new news? Your argument is a little like the top teams in F1 complaining because one of them is spending that bit more. To the rest of the grid it is just laughable.

Let it go.

Take a step back and have a look at the post it was in response too

I’ll help you out

Tashy posted a list of the highest transfer fees trying imo to suggest that City aren’t the spenders portrayed

The above picture was in response to that and that alone - it wasn’t “an argument” and there is nothing to “let go”
?

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Garbage, it was tit for tat with Tashy’s post.:rolleyes:
Or it completely negates Tashy’s attempts to hide what City spend by masking it with the fact they’ve never been able to attract the very top players either through lack of gravitas or the fact they spend so much overall they’d never get close to FFP if they did.

D

Deleted member 16999

Or it completely negates Tashy’s attempts to hide what City spend by masking it with the fact they’ve never been able to attract the very top players either through lack of gravitas or the fact they spend so much overall they’d never get close to FFP if they did.
It’s 10yr snapshot, Mansoor has been their 12yrs, pointless stat, did nobody spend prior to his takeover?

You should worry about the massive debt your club is in rather in showing the jealousy you obviously hold.

Funny how they get no credit for regenerating the local area, work with local community, employment to the area etc.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Interesting you pick Maguire out of the list. However, no mention of Coutinho, Higuain, Rodriguez, Arrizbalaga, Pepe, Morata and Rodri. I guess it's nothing to do with who bought him? ;)
Eh? Coutinho, Higuain were World Class at the times they were purchased. Kepa and Pepe are certainly hilarious as well but they weren't as high as 13th.

It's nothing to do with the club, as a Spurs fan I would much sooner knock Arsenal or Chelsea than Man Utd!

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
It’s 10yr snapshot, Mansoor has been their 12yrs, pointless stat, did nobody spend prior to his takeover?

You should worry about the massive debt your club is in rather in showing the jealousy you obviously hold.

Funny how they get no credit for regenerating the local area, work with local community, employment to the area etc.
I would not support Man Utd or any other team who were under the control of a regime like Man City; that’s not jealousy at all. I wouldn’t want the money they have under those terms.

Swango1980

Visit site
Eh? Coutinho, Higuain were World Class at the times they were purchased. Kepa and Pepe are certainly hilarious as well but they weren't as high as 13th.

It's nothing to do with the club, as a Spurs fan I would much sooner knock Arsenal or Chelsea than Man Utd!
Coutinho, £120 million though? Higuain was a decent striker, but I'd never have said a 90 million Euro striker (all the way back in 2016 as well, before the Neymar transfer basically caused the transfer market to go even more crazy). Kepa is massively high up the list considering he is a goalkeeper, and I'd never even heard of Pepe before, so being number 22 on list is decent effort.

Maguire is expensive, but the van Dijk transfer the year before basically put central defender transfer costs right up there when he moved, given how successful he was. Any team that would look in desperate need of a central defender after that, were not going to make a relatively cheap signing.

D

Deleted member 16999

I would not support Man Utd or any other team who were under the control of a regime like Man City; that’s not jealousy at all. I wouldn’t want the money they have under those terms.
Oh OK, Let’s hope the Glazers don’t sell to the Saudi’s just for your peace of mind.:rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 16999

Anyway:
Back in the real world, 6 CL fixtures played over the 8 days, top teams from around Europe and Officials showing how to use VAR correctly.
PL Officials really need to learn to up their game.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Coutinho, £120 million though? Higuain was a decent striker, but I'd never have said a 90 million Euro striker (all the way back in 2016 as well, before the Neymar transfer basically caused the transfer market to go even more crazy). Kepa is massively high up the list considering he is a goalkeeper, and I'd never even heard of Pepe before, so being number 22 on list is decent effort.

Maguire is expensive, but the van Dijk transfer the year before basically put central defender transfer costs right up there when he moved, given how successful he was. Any team that would look in desperate need of a central defender after that, were not going to make a relatively cheap signing.
At the time of purchase Higuain had just scored 36 goals in 35 league games for Napoli. It's no wonder Juve came knocking and Napoli obviously set the price high after that.

Kepa, yeah that price was utterly ridiculous and he looks no better than average. I think that was the pinnacle for this modern trend of goalkeepers having to be good with their feet, but teams are forgetting they actually need to save shots as well. They thought they were getting the next Ederson, clearly, but they were wrong on the evidence so far.

I don't see Maguire ever reaching the levels of Van Dijk personally. He's great in the air but a little over-confident and clumsy on the ground, as opposed to VVD who looks assured in almost any situation.
Top CBs cost more now partly because of the lack of cover from full backs imo.
You might be right, but also, compared to say ten years ago, there are just far less excellent centre backs around these days.

Swango1980

Visit site
At the time of purchase Higuain had just scored 36 goals in 35 league games for Napoli. It's no wonder Juve came knocking and Napoli obviously set the price high after that.

Kepa, yeah that price was utterly ridiculous and he looks no better than average. I think that was the pinnacle for this modern trend of goalkeepers having to be good with their feet, but teams are forgetting they actually need to save shots as well. They thought they were getting the next Ederson, clearly, but they were wrong on the evidence so far.

I don't see Maguire ever reaching the levels of Van Dijk personally. He's great in the air but a little over-confident and clumsy on the ground, as opposed to VVD who looks assured in almost any situation.

You might be right, but also, compared to say ten years ago, there are just far less excellent centre backs around these days.
I don't see any player reaching the heights of Vin Dijk in a very very long time. However, when dealing in Transfers, Vin Dijk is not used as the upper limit until a better defender comes along. He is used as the benchmark in terms of "Liverpool were willing to spend this to sort out their dodgy defence, so we expect you to pay more to do the same thing (especially considering inflation). At the time, Maguire was probably the highest profile available defender in the market (certainly in England), so he was going to command that sort of transfer fee.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I don't see any player reaching the heights of Vin Dijk in a very very long time. However, when dealing in Transfers, Vin Dijk is not used as the upper limit until a better defender comes along. He is used as the benchmark in terms of "Liverpool were willing to spend this to sort out their dodgy defence, so we expect you to pay more to do the same thing (especially considering inflation). At the time, Maguire was probably the highest profile available defender in the market (certainly in England), so he was going to command that sort of transfer fee.
Or to put it another way, Leicester saw United coming.