Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Garbage, it was tit for tat with Tashy’s post.:rolleyes:

Isnt that what a discussion is?

Tashy posts something up which is a small part of a large argument. Phil posts a stat up over a long period that shows city's spend compared to all of the top sides in Europe, which is a larger part of the same argument.

YOUR comeback looks more petulant.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
_110834675_gettyimages-1201876909.jpg

Some cannot help themselves - Unbelievable!

Dele Alli's Tottenham team are back in Premier League action against Wolves on Sunday
Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Dele Alli has been charged by the Football Association over a post on social media about coronavirus.
Alli, 23, put a video on Snapchat in which he joked about the outbreak and appeared to mock an Asian man.
He later deleted the post and released a new video on Chinese social media platform Weibo to apologise, saying: "I let myself down and the club."
He has been charged with misconduct for an aggravated breach of FA Rule E3.
In a statement English football's governing body said: "It is alleged that his post breaches FA Rule E3(1) as it was insulting and/or improper and/or brought the game into disrepute.
"It is further alleged that the post constitutes an aggravated breach, which is defined in FA Rule E3(2), as it included a reference, whether express or implied, to race and/or colour and/or ethnic origin and/or nationality."
He has until Thursday, 5 March 2020 to provide a response.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
_110834675_gettyimages-1201876909.jpg

Some cannot help themselves - Unbelievable!

Dele Alli's Tottenham team are back in Premier League action against Wolves on Sunday
Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Dele Alli has been charged by the Football Association over a post on social media about coronavirus.
Alli, 23, put a video on Snapchat in which he joked about the outbreak and appeared to mock an Asian man.
He later deleted the post and released a new video on Chinese social media platform Weibo to apologise, saying: "I let myself down and the club."
He has been charged with misconduct for an aggravated breach of FA Rule E3.
In a statement English football's governing body said: "It is alleged that his post breaches FA Rule E3(1) as it was insulting and/or improper and/or brought the game into disrepute.
"It is further alleged that the post constitutes an aggravated breach, which is defined in FA Rule E3(2), as it included a reference, whether express or implied, to race and/or colour and/or ethnic origin and/or nationality."
He has until Thursday, 5 March 2020 to provide a response.
Idiot. Like to see Southgate punish him as well

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Coutinho, £120 million though? Higuain was a decent striker, but I'd never have said a 90 million Euro striker (all the way back in 2016 as well, before the Neymar transfer basically caused the transfer market to go even more crazy). Kepa is massively high up the list considering he is a goalkeeper, and I'd never even heard of Pepe before, so being number 22 on list is decent effort.

Maguire is expensive, but the van Dijk transfer the year before basically put central defender transfer costs right up there when he moved, given how successful he was. Any team that would look in desperate need of a central defender after that, were not going to make a relatively cheap signing.

I doubt Alexis Sanchez and maguire would have cost as much if City werent (possibly only supposedly) in the hunt as well.

Maybe City played Man U both times, making man U overpay for them both - all part of how city's spending also affects other clubs, as well. Same going back to Rooney. I remember at the time thinking, this could be the pivotal moment in whether City overtake United (a big argument, and I dont mean in most ways, BTW), and a big shift in the city. I think Man U were absolutely determined not to let this happen so gave Rooney a massive pay rise and new contract, even though he was starting to wane. City may have "played" them again.

D

Deleted member 16999

Isnt that what a discussion is?

Tashy posts something up which is a small part of a large argument. Phil posts a stat up over a long period that shows city's spend compared to all of the top sides in Europe, which is a larger part of the same argument.

YOUR comeback looks more petulant.
Of course it does, no different to what you accused Tashy of though, pointless stats! Make your mind up Pete.

D

Deleted member 15344

Of course it does, no different to what you accused Tashy of though, pointless stats! Make your mind up Pete.
My stat clearly wasn’t pointless in regards the post that is replied too - it showed that the persons club was top of the spending chart over the past ten year despite not breaking transfer records , it was clearly a very relevant stat to the conversation.

D

Deleted member 1740

My stat clearly wasn’t pointless in regards the post that is replied too - it showed that the persons club was top of the spending chart over the past ten year despite not breaking transfer records , it was clearly a very relevant stat to the conversation.

You're not allowed to have an opinion or back up your point. Stick to Hockey.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Odd thing to suggest.
Why?

The FA clearly see it as a serious breach and so the club will potentially lose him for a game or games but with England games coming up I'd like to see Southgate send a message too. Perhaps uf players realise they could put their selection for Euro or WC's in danger they'd think twice. Of course at the moment it is subject to what Alli says and what the FA decide

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Tashys was a pointless stat IF he was trying to offer up something that was to show that City arent big spenders, which they are obviously are. If he had other reasons, it wasnt clear.

D

Deleted member 16999

Which is a different reason to what you gave Lord T this morning.

It’s been mentioned time and time again how much City have spent, and over what period, you chose a 10yr period to highlight a point.

As I asked you this morning, what about the other years outside the 10 etc. That’s why, imo, it’s pointless because it added nothing to what we already knew and nobody needed a table to gazump tashy’s table.

D

Deleted member 16999

Tashys was a pointless stat IF he was trying to offer up something that was to show that City arent big spenders, which they are obviously are. If he had other reasons, it wasnt clear.
He tried to explain it in a later post why he posted it, but as we both agreed it was pointless last night, I don’t believe anybody needed a table showing City as the biggest spenders over a limited time frame as that also added nothing to the debate.
Both pointless imo.

D

Deleted member 15344

Which is a different reason to what you gave Lord T this morning.

It’s been mentioned time and time again how much City have spent, and over what period, you chose a 10yr period to highlight a point.

As I asked you this morning, what about the other years outside the 10 etc. That’s why, imo, it’s pointless because it added nothing to what we already knew and nobody needed a table to gazump tashy’s table.
?‍♂️

Christ alive - I didn’t “pick ten years “ that was the stat in the picture ffs

But the last ten years are relevant because guess when they started to really spend and get success - 2011/12 first title - within the ten year period - what other years did you want to talk about ?

I’m not sure exactly what point it is you are trying to argue apart from just attempting to pick apart other people’s opinion. Are you just battling against everyone or is there a point somewhere within all the fog horn blowing.

D

Deleted member 1740

No idea what you’re on about Stu?o_O

I'm not surprised.

I genuinely cant see the big issue with the table that's been posted. its factual/accurate .

You're arguing why it's not included the previous 2 years, now I'm no einstein but I'll hazard a guess LP never made the table up. Furthermore I'd expect Citys spending would be even higher if it did.

Bit of overreaction imo.

D

Deleted member 16999

?‍♂️

Christ alive - I didn’t “pick ten years “ that was the stat in the picture ffs

But the last ten years are relevant because guess when they started to really spend and get success - 2011/12 first title - within the ten year period - what other years did you want to talk about ?

I’m not sure exactly what point it is you are trying to argue apart from just attempting to pick apart other people’s opinion. Are you just battling against everyone or is there a point somewhere within all the fog horn blowing.
Wow, get personal eh Phil!
And the irony.:poop: