Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 16999

I'm not surprised.

I genuinely cant see the big issue with the table that's been posted. its factual/accurate .

You're arguing why it's not included the previous 2 years, now I'm no einstein but I'll hazard a guess LP never made the table up. Furthermore I'd expect Citys spending would be even higher if it did.

Bit of overreaction imo.
Overreaction? I asked him one question about it which was ignored!

I posted some stats on here about yous and your spending and the fact yous have the highest wage bill, paid the most agents fees and had both ripped apart because they were over a short time period and apparently selective.

Weird how me and Pete had a discussion on here last night, no issues, never got personal, just healthy debate, but yet tonight it’s me with issues when others have joined in.:rolleyes:

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
?‍♂️

Christ alive - I didn’t “pick ten years “ that was the stat in the picture ffs

But the last ten years are relevant because guess when they started to really spend and get success - 2011/12 first title - within the ten year period - what other years did you want to talk about ?

Would be interesting to look at spending in the 1970's (Liverpool winning 5 titles), 1980's (Liverpool winning 6 titles), 1990's (Man Utd 6 titles) and 2000's (Man Utd 5 titles) to see if those clubs were the biggest spenders in each of those decades. I would guess that in the 2000's Chelsea (3 titles and 3 2nd place finishes) were the biggest spenders but have no idea about the other decades.

D

Deleted member 15344

Would be interesting to look at spending in the 1970's (Liverpool winning 5 titles), 1980's (Liverpool winning 6 titles), 1990's (Man Utd 6 titles) and 2000's (Man Utd 5 titles) to see if those clubs were the biggest spenders in each of those decades. I would guess that in the 2000's Chelsea (3 titles and 3 2nd place finishes) were the biggest spenders but have no idea about the other decades.

I have no idea about overall spending for Liverpool in the 70’s but they spent money - some big ( for the time ) signings like Kenny , Rush was a high fee for a teenager - where they the highest spenders at the time ? Not sure

80’s remember a bit more but most of the biggest spending was using the Rush money - Barnes and co arriving

90’s - obviously Blackburn spent a good amount to win the title , Utd early didn’t seem to be blowing money everywhere

I think whilst money was spend a lot if not most was money from the club - Blackburn was the first to go a bit mad

And then the 00’s Chelsea arrived with Abramovich

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Very strange line up from City.
Looked like it didn’t work first half, but City excellent second half even after gifting them a goal.
KDB what a player.
Ramos ? 26 red cards ??? Good player but has got away with murder over the years.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have no idea about overall spending for Liverpool in the 70’s but they spent money - some big ( for the time ) signings like Kenny , Rush was a high fee for a teenager - where they the highest spenders at the time ? Not sure

80’s remember a bit more but most of the biggest spending was using the Rush money - Barnes and co arriving

90’s - obviously Blackburn spent a good amount to win the title , Utd early didn’t seem to be blowing money everywhere

I think whilst money was spend a lot if not most was money from the club - Blackburn was the first to go a bit mad

And then the 00’s Chelsea arrived with Abramovich

I wonder if Utd were the biggest spenders in the 90's as they had both Neville's, Beckham, Butt, Scholes and Giggs that came through the youth setup and formed the basis of their team for many years. When you've got 6 first teamers that you have paid nothing/very little for then you don't have to spend massive amounts to make up the rest of the team. No idea what they spent on the likes of Pallister, Bruce, Irwin etc but don't remember it being mega bucks.

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thought City were the better team overall but especially when it went 1-1. A lot of teams would’ve been happy but they smelt blood and got all they deserved.

Kdb is a brilliant footballer obviously. The simple things done well. Players ought to be made to study his spacial awareness side

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I'm not surprised.

I genuinely cant see the big issue with the table that's been posted. its factual/accurate .

You're arguing why it's not included the previous 2 years, now I'm no einstein but I'll hazard a guess LP never made the table up. Furthermore I'd expect Citys spending would be even higher if it did.

Bit of overreaction imo.

Not it’s not Stu, ( the next two years).the table that I posted was only the top 30, it’s from a table that’s actually a top 100. But would of taken me an hour to break it down. Anyway City have quite a few players in the other 70 that helps make up the money City have spent over the last 10 years. But again the focus was turned on City not other players who were on that list. ?

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I wonder if Utd were the biggest spenders in the 90's as they had both Neville's, Beckham, Butt, Scholes and Giggs that came through the youth setup and formed the basis of their team for many years. When you've got 6 first teamers that you have paid nothing/very little for then you don't have to spend massive amounts to make up the rest of the team. No idea what they spent on the likes of Pallister, Bruce, Irwin etc but don't remember it being mega bucks.
From what I can see, Man Utd have been top spenders only 4 seasons since the prem began.

D

Deleted member 1740

City all but through now, our PL game will now be moved backto Saturday after it was moved to sunday only last week.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Fair play to city they got a result but geez how bad were Madrid. At 1-0 up they went so slow and defensive minded rather than most Madrid sides of the last 20 years that wouldve pressed on and tried to finish City off. The equaliser just gave City some confidence and Madrid got even deeper and deeper and there was only one winner

Laporte injury a big worry for City going forward, that said Fernandinho was excellent when he came on

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Not it’s not Stu, ( the next two years).the table that I posted was only the top 30, it’s from a table that’s actually a top 100. But would of taken me an hour to break it down. Anyway City have quite a few players in the other 70 that helps make up the money City have spent over the last 10 years
Overreaction? I asked him one question about it which was ignored!

I posted some stats on here about yous and your spending and the fact yous have the highest wage bill, paid the most agents fees and had both ripped apart because they were over a short time period and apparently selective.

Weird how me and Pete had a discussion on here last night, no issues, never got personal, just healthy debate, but yet tonight it’s me with issues when others have joined in.:rolleyes:

.Yup been there with that one. Console yourself it’s not just you.?

D

Deleted member 15344

Looking at their transfer these seem the bigger ones in th 80’s

Cole
Berg
Stam
Yorke
Keane
Barthez