Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1740

As a City fan I will be chuffed if Liverpool wins the title, lets be right they deserve it. No one as got near to them. Your correct City fans when we were crap were your Bessie pals, the enemy of my enemy etc. Unfortunately your right re short memories, but events during the champs league hardly helped cement our friendship. Ut that’s in the past. Enjoy the Klopp express.

Totally understandable, typically the behaviour by a minority of divvies tarnished the club that night.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Totally understandable, typically the behaviour by a minority of divvies tarnished the club that night.

Exactly, behaviour that City fans also did to United's team bus a few years before, so those without sin.....cast the first beer bottle. ;)

I was embarrassed that night, and it did tarnish the brilliant win over city for me, no need for it, no excuses - tinpot club mentality. Ok bring the flares, banners, sing the songs but dont throw stuff at the bus.

D

Deleted member 1740

Could you not “argue” the issue with City is with “some” LPool fans that instead of congratulating City and them winning the lottery they got bitter and jealous of the new kid appearing and knocking yous back a place or two.

Don’t think I’ve ever seen LPool fans say a good word about City, double edged sword isn’t it?

You need to go to specsavers, theyve had plenty of compliments on here alone the last few seasons.

It's not a common occurrence for other fans to congratulate other teams on winning, it rarely happens infact

D

Deleted member 1740

I’m sure the majority of Everton, Utd and City fans will and have recognised the quality of LPool’s football and fully acknowledge they deserve to win the League.
Having someone else winning it depends on your age, some of us can go back to the 70’s & 80’s when plenty of others won it and we were sick of LPool dominating it.

Their fans though are no different to anyone else when they weren’t winning the League, they’ve moaned and bitched over the years just like the rest of us are now.

Aye, don’t forget they’ve been poked, prodded,goaded about not winning it for 30yrs, that has stepped up the tone.

D

Deleted member 1740

I was around when they were winning it every year in the 80's and yes it was rather predicatable and 'tiring' but that was a long time ago. A club like Liverpool are long overdue a title.

Anyway, just seen if the Klopp express wins the next 3 games then they WILL win the title against...……………………………...ROY HODGSONS Red n Blue army! Benteke hat-trick anyone to spoil the party ?

?

He’s not scored 3 in 3 seasons, if he scores a trick I’ll show my arse in woolies window ?

D

Deleted member 1740

Exactly, behaviour that City fans also did to United's team bus a few years before, so those without sin.....cast the first CIDER bottle. ;)

I was embarrassed that night, and it did tarnish the brilliant win over city for me, no need for it, no excuses - tinpot club mentality. Ok bring the flares, banners, sing the songs but dont throw stuff at the bus.

fixed ?

D

Deleted member 16999

You need to go to specsavers, theyve had plenty of compliments on here alone the last few seasons.

It's not a common occurrence for other fans to congratulate other teams on winning, it rarely happens infact
All City’s success is caveated with oil money comments, every time.(y)

D

Deleted member 16999

Aye, don’t forget they’ve been poked, prodded,goaded about not winning it for 30yrs, that has stepped up the tone.
What was that comment about “he without sin”? You’ve never goaded other fans about not winning trophies?
All the jokes and stick Utd got for years prior to them winning the league.

We all do it Stu, and none of us need an excuse.(y)

D

Deleted member 1740

All City’s success is caveated with oil money comments, every time.(y)

That’s a fact though isn’t? Where would they be without it because they wouldn’t be where they are today for sure.

That said it’s easy throwing £1bn at players, you need much more than that and city have done it well.

D

Deleted member 1418

I'm more than happy for Liverpool to win the league this year...............................just as long as it's another 30 years until they win it again!!! Hopefully Klopp, VVD, Salah, Firmino and Mane will all move on to bigger continental clubs soon (sorry LB, LP and Stu!!!) ;):D

They've been outstanding and fully deserved winners - just a shame that City, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal and Utd have all fallen well short of their best and not given them much competition.

D

Deleted member 1740

What was that comment about “he without sin”? You’ve never goaded other fans about not winning trophies?
All the jokes and stick Utd got for years prior to them winning the league.

We all do it Stu, and none of us need an excuse.(y)

of course I have, it’s the highlight of EVERY Derby day ??

I said earlier on in the thread, me and my mates have all acknowledged the best sides winning trophies, as much as it hurts, the Yernited sides, JM’s Chelsea, Ancelotti sides and all of city’s sides, I’d just never do it publicly ?

D

Deleted member 16999

That’s a fact though isn’t? Where would they be without it because they wouldn’t be where they are today for sure.

That said it’s easy throwing £1bn at players, you need much more than that and city have done it well.
You’ve spent over a billion since the last time you won the League.:LOL:

But I’m sure you can produce the nett spend table or the “we did it the right way” argument.

What’s the banners say?

Back where we belong :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 1740

But I’m sure you can produce the nett spend table or the “we did it the right way” argument.

What’s the banners say?

£1bn in 30 yrs as opposed to £1bn in 10, it’s not even close.

I dont need to produce any evidence, you’ll have already found it?

There’s no right or wrong way, just acknowledge how it’s been done.

D

Deleted member 1740

I'm more than happy for Liverpool to win the league this year...............................just as long as it's another 30 years until they win it again!!! Hopefully Klopp, VVD, Salah, Firmino and Mane will all move on to bigger continental clubs soon (sorry LB, LP and Stu!!!) ;):D

They've been outstanding and fully deserved winners - just a shame that City, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal and Utd have all fallen well short of their best and not given them much competition.

????

I bet that hurt typing that ?

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I guess he means because of huge fanbase, history of winning it back in the day. But by the same logic Everton, Arsenal and Aston Villa are also due one.

Correct. I'd say Arsenal, then Everton and then Villa based on my knowledge by not looking up the history, but Arsenal especially out of those 3 named with 60k supporters every week, world wide appeal and their huge trophy cabinet built over up my lifetime certainly fall into that bracket and I fear for them will continue to be in that bracket for the foreseeable future.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

What’s the banners say?

Be absolutely honest.

If you were given the hypothetical option of winning 3 leagues over say 10 years by a Sheik coming in and throwing 1.5 bill at you, building a stadium and the rest.

Or

Doing it the way Arsenal and Wenger did it.

For me and I think most "fair-minded" supporters it would be the latter.

D

Deleted member 16999

Be absolutely honest.

If you were given the hypothetical option of winning 3 leagues over say 10 years by a Sheik coming in and throwing 1.5 bill at you, building a stadium and the rest.

Or

Doing it the way Arsenal and Wenger did it.

For me and I think most "fair-minded" supporters it would be the latter.
I’ll disagree, were in the history books does it mention who was in charge when trophies are won.

Sheik every day of the week for me.

I’ll give you a hyperthetical:
If you won the Euromillions tomorrow would you buy a new car or buy second hand for 3 years so in the 4th year a new car would feel better?

D

Deleted member 16999

£1bn in 30 yrs as opposed to £1bn in 10, it’s not even close.

I dont need to produce any evidence, you’ll have already found it?

There’s no right or wrong way, just acknowledge how it’s been done.
Right or wrong or City way?

£1bn in 30 years is still unfair for those that couldn’t spend that much.;)