Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Again though you're proving my point that stats are a ridiculous way to decide who to play, because by that it shows Mccarthy should be England's keeper.

We can both keep finding different stats to suit different arguments that's why its not a wholly accurate way of selecting a squad of players.

Pickford is a good keeper and deserves his spot in England's team as No1, Henderson deserves to be in the squad also but wouldn't have hin starting tournament games yet, experience at that level is paramount and Pickford has it plus he has not ever let England down that will give his team mates far more confidence
Maybe he should! He's not someone I've considered before but I wouldn't object to him being in the squad. He has played the least games though which sometimes distorts the stats a little bit.

I just believe in picking the players who are playing the best at the time when you select them. If you claim that players should retain their place because they've done well for England, what you're actually say is that they've played well in about 7 or 8 games over the last calendar year, with most of them being against poor opposition. Whereas somebody who is on form in the Premier League is playing well week in, week out, against a good standard of opposition. Loyalty and whatnot doesn't come into it for me. I just want to the players who are currently playing well against top sides.

Wolf

Visit site
Maybe he should! He's not someone I've considered before but I wouldn't object to him being in the squad. He has played the least games though which sometimes distorts the stats a little bit.

I just believe in picking the players who are playing the best at the time when you select them. If you claim that players should retain their place because they've done well for England, what you're actually say is that they've played well in about 7 or 8 games over the last calendar year, with most of them being against poor opposition. Whereas somebody who is on form in the Premier League is playing well week in, week out, against a good standard of opposition. Loyalty and whatnot doesn't come into it for me. I just want to the players who are currently playing well against top sides.
Except your still basing it on a link you post as expected stats, this isn't championship manager where you sim games. This is actual football and he is in better form than your "expectated" stat shows as is Pope.

Based on your own post then Harry Kane even if he gets fit just in time for the tournament should not go as he will have had basically 6 months of not playing so has no current week in week out form, but im guessing you will find a way out of that one even though its what you clearly state.

Pickford is a good keeper, has big game experience and will be England's No1 come June. Henderson hopefully will get a chance to play a couple of international games before then and who knows may give Southgate something to think about but also Pope deserves that opportunity to.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Except your still basing it on a link you post as expected stats, this isn't championship manager where you sim games. This is actual football and he is in better form than your "expectated" stat shows as is Pope.

Based on your own post then Harry Kane even if he gets fit just in time for the tournament should not go as he will have had basically 6 months of not playing so has no current week in week out form, but im guessing you will find a way out of that one even though its what you clearly state.

Pickford is a good keeper, has big game experience and will be England's No1 come June. Henderson hopefully will get a chance to play a couple of international games before then and who knows may give Southgate something to think about but also Pope deserves that opportunity to.
I know it's modern football and even keepers are expected to pass the ball, but I'm kind of old school in that I like my goalkeepers to make saves. What other unquantifiable benefit can they be providing??

Not going to disagree on Kane either. He always seems to be rushing back from an injury for an international tournament and he always gets thrown in, plays averagely and scores a few pens. If he doesn't get back in time to at least have a run of games for us then I'd have Ings up top.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I thought Henderson was out for 3-4 weeks with a hamstring injury so will he be fit for the two games at the end of March and would Klopp really want him played
Liverpool’s Henderson has tweaked his hammy so won’t play for a while.
Modern medicine though he may be fit, just look at Gomez didn’t think he would be back for Everton this quick.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Least we looking much more positive about staying up than before

Defended well.. 2 poor goal keeping errors cost us dearly

Great to see fornals score. Been calling for his return for ages.

D

Deleted member 1740

How long until @Stuart_C comes along with his customary “Choo Choo”?

Liverpool showed how champions do it. Still win when they aren’t playing their best.

No Choo Choo tonight 'Ron, more like Chugger feckin Chugger ?

Thought we were shite tonight, 1st half was dismal, passing way too slow, movement non existent and the midfield lacked the energy of Henderson.

2nd half better but a win is a win, and we're down to the last dozen points before " operation even more unbearable commence's" ?

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Think there is a misrepresentation of some neutrals feelings towards a Liverpool league win in the media. Lots of ‘it will be unbearable’ etc etc.

Personally, having someone winning it who has not won the league ever before or in Liverpool’s case long overdue is a good and healthy thing and as a follower of a club who will never win it, refreshing to see new faces at the top table. I even felt the same when Fergie won it for the first time with a club I have little time for normally, but must admit that soon rubbed off as the Fergie machine grew bigger and more powerful the more they won.

I’m sure Everton and Man Utd and city supporters are not looking forward to it, but a lot of others are enjoying watching a quality side win the league in style.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Think there is a misrepresentation of some neutrals feelings towards a Liverpool league win in the media. Lots of ‘it will be unbearable’ etc etc.

Personally, having someone winning it who has not won the league ever before or in Liverpool’s case long overdue is a good and healthy thing and as a follower of a club who will never win it, refreshing to see new faces at the top table. I even felt the same when Fergie won it for the first time with a club I have little time for normally, but must admit that soon rubbed off as the Fergie machine grew bigger and more powerful the more they won.

I’m sure Everton and Man Utd and city supporters are not looking forward to it, but a lot of others are enjoying watching a quality side win the league in style.

I'm certainly enjoying a lot of the football they're playing, it's superb, I just wish it was somebody else playing it .................... in fact, anybody else!