Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1740

Think there is a misrepresentation of some neutrals feelings towards a Liverpool league win in the media. Lots of ‘it will be unbearable’ etc etc.

Personally, having someone winning it who has not won the league ever before or in Liverpool’s case long overdue is a good and healthy thing and as a follower of a club who will never win it, refreshing to see new faces at the top table. I even felt the same when Fergie won it for the first time with a club I have little time for normally, but must admit that soon rubbed off as the Fergie machine grew bigger and more powerful the more they won.

I’m sure Everton and Man Utd and city supporters are not looking forward to it, but a lot of others are enjoying watching a quality side win the league in style.

It's faux rivalry created by money and the resurgence of clubs that have struggled.

Up until JM and the Roubles Chelsea were never our rivals, playing each other about 20 odd times in a short space of time in 3 different comps and the Gerrard saga created a rivalry/dislike/hatred.

*Some* City have short memories. Very short memories infact. Up until their lotto win happened they used to come to Anfield and be all pally, stand up if you hate Man u etc. Now they're trying too hard to be our rivals.

Yernited and Everton are our only real rivals, the rest are just hangers on ?

D

Deleted member 1740

I'm certainly enjoying a lot of the football they're playing, it's superb, I just wish it was somebody else playing it .................... in fact, anybody else!

Dont worry slimey we were saying exactly the same about Yernited ( within in our own groups, never publicly?) When Ferguson had the FA and the refs in their pockets in the 90 's/00's.........

The emergence of social media hasnt helped with knee jerk reaction trolls , after a win it's the greatest ever team or worst team ever afterca defeat to blah blah blah.

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The big difference in before/after 1-2 was tempo.

I miss the days when we battered teams from the off, an be 3 up after 20. But we’re a zillion pts clear, so who am I to complain.

Btw, I wonder how many teams reckon they could’ve got a point against us this season? I’m going 17/19 the 2 being Bournemouth and of course the....

D

Deleted member 1740

I miss the days when we battered teams from the off, an be 3 up after 20. But we’re a zillion pts clear, so who am I to complain.

Btw, I wonder how many teams reckon they could’ve got a point against us this season? I’m going 17/19 the 2 being Bournemouth and of course the....

Can I have an E please bob ?

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

On reflection, I’ll add Burnley an Arsenal. So 15/19 ?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Massive positives from last night

The centre backs look immense

The young RB hopefully will make that spot his own

Bowen looks a good addition

Fornals finally getting some game time and scoring

Few negatives.. (ignoring result as we were always going to get beaten) the injury to soucek.. fabainski .. disappointing

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Liverpool a long way from their best but still doing what title winners do and grinding out results. They deserve to win as they are bar far the best side in the PL at the moment (the points tally doesn't lie) and have found something they may have lacked for decades, and that is a way to get it done even when well below their own high standards. I think it's a good thing for the PL and they have moved the dial forward (in the same way Chelsea, City and United all did themselves, whether you agree with the cash buying the title or not) and so everyone now has to match or beat what Liverpool have. They can only get stronger while this core of players is together

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
It's faux rivalry created by money and the resurgence of clubs that have struggled.

Up until JM and the Roubles Chelsea were never our rivals, playing each other about 20 odd times in a short space of time in 3 different comps and the Gerrard saga created a rivalry/dislike/hatred.

*Some* City have short memories. Very short memories infact. Up until their lotto win happened they used to come to Anfield and be all pally, stand up if you hate Man u etc. Now they're trying too hard to be our rivals.

As a City fan I will be chuffed if Liverpool wins the title, lets be right they deserve it. No one as got near to them. Your correct City fans when we were crap were your Bessie pals, the enemy of my enemy etc. Unfortunately your right re short memories, but events during the champs league hardly helped cement our friendship. Ut that’s in the past. Enjoy the Klopp express.

D

Deleted member 16999

Think there is a misrepresentation of some neutrals feelings towards a Liverpool league win in the media. Lots of ‘it will be unbearable’ etc etc.

Personally, having someone winning it who has not won the league ever before or in Liverpool’s case long overdue is a good and healthy thing and as a follower of a club who will never win it, refreshing to see new faces at the top table. I even felt the same when Fergie won it for the first time with a club I have little time for normally, but must admit that soon rubbed off as the Fergie machine grew bigger and more powerful the more they won.

I’m sure Everton and Man Utd and city supporters are not looking forward to it, but a lot of others are enjoying watching a quality side win the league in style.
I’m sure the majority of Everton, Utd and City fans will and have recognised the quality of LPool’s football and fully acknowledge they deserve to win the League.
Having someone else winning it depends on your age, some of us can go back to the 70’s & 80’s when plenty of others won it and we were sick of LPool dominating it.

Their fans though are no different to anyone else when they weren’t winning the League, they’ve moaned and bitched over the years just like the rest of us are now.

D

Deleted member 16999

Could you not “argue” the issue with City is with “some” LPool fans that instead of congratulating City and them winning the lottery they got bitter and jealous of the new kid appearing and knocking yous back a place or two.

Don’t think I’ve ever seen LPool fans say a good word about City, double edged sword isn’t it?

Big_G

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I thought bringing on "The Ox" changed the whole dynamic last night, showed more energy and drive in his first 5 minutes on the pitch than Keita had the whole time he was on the park

Surprised he wasn't started, think Keitas boat has sailed, too lightweight for prem, the game just seems to pass him by, slow and easily brushed off the ball, oh well even Jurgen makes mistakes

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I thought bringing on "The Ox" changed the whole dynamic last night, showed more energy and drive in his first 5 minutes on the pitch than Keita had the whole time he was on the park

Surprised he wasn't started, think Keitas boat has sailed, too lightweight for prem, the game just seems to pass him by, slow and easily brushed off the ball, oh well even Jurgen makes mistakes
I think Keita has had a few too many injuries this season to be able to fully judge him yet. I would say though that next season could be harder still for him with Ox back (and hopefully staying fit) and Jones coming through and being a force for the squad next season.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Could you not “argue” the issue with City is with “some” LPool fans that instead of congratulating City and them winning the lottery they got bitter and jealous of the new kid appearing and knocking yous back a place or two.

Don’t think I’ve ever seen LPool fans say a good word about City, double edged sword isn’t it?

Not just Liverpool fans, Arsenal and United too, a common theme.

I'll say it again, its easy to let it go if your not challenging for the same trophies or in the same echelons, it would be different for most Everton fans if you were up in 2nd place or getting beat in cup finals by them.

D

Deleted member 16999

Not just Liverpool fans, Arsenal and United too, a common theme.

I'll say it again, its easy to let it go if your not challenging for the same trophies or in the same echelons, it would be different for most Everton fans if you were up in 2nd place or getting beat in cup finals by them.
That’s still missing my point, the conversation was started about the attitude of fans.

I agree and can understand about you being “miffed” at the Club, but their fans get stick, what did you expect the fans to do? Boycott the club they’ve supported since birth? Tell them celebrate quietly because yous feel hard done to?

Look at your words mate “its easy to let it go if your not challenging for the same trophies or in the same echelons,” guess what? The first time they won the PL yous finished below us! We’ve also missed out on a Europa place by 1 spot a couple of times, lost a semi-final to them. So I guess their money did affect us, just like it’s affected every team in the PL.

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I’m sure the majority of Everton, Utd and City fans will and have recognised the quality of LPool’s football and fully acknowledge they deserve to win the League.
Having someone else winning it depends on your age, some of us can go back to the 70’s & 80’s when plenty of others won it and we were sick of LPool dominating it.

Their fans though are no different to anyone else when they weren’t winning the League, they’ve moaned and bitched over the years just like the rest of us are now.

I was around when they were winning it every year in the 80's and yes it was rather predicatable and 'tiring' but that was a long time ago. A club like Liverpool are long overdue a title.

Anyway, just seen if the Klopp express wins the next 3 games then they could win the title against...……………………………...ROY HODGSONS Red n Blue army! Benteke hat-trick anyone to spoil the party ?

D

Deleted member 16999

I was around when they were winning it every year in the 80's and yes it was rather predicatable and 'tiring' but that was a long time ago. A club like Liverpool are long overdue a title.

Anyway, just seen if the Klopp express wins the next 3 games then they could win the title against...……………………………...ROY HODGSONS Red n Blue army! Benteke hat-trick anyone to spoil the party ?
Without being accused of causing trouble or being biased, why is a “club like LPool” long overdue a title? They’ll win this years as it’s thoroughly deserved, the best team every season wins the PL not the nicest or because they are due it.

As for who the win the title against, if City drop points they could win it at Goodison :eek::eek:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Without being accused of causing trouble or being biased, why is a “club like LPool” long overdue a title? They’ll win this years as it’s thoroughly deserved, the best team every season wins the PL not the nicest or because they are due it.

As for who the win the title against, if City drop points they could win it at Goodison :eek::eek:
I guess he means because of huge fanbase, history of winning it back in the day. But by the same logic Everton, Arsenal and Aston Villa are also due one.

D

Deleted member 16999

I guess he means because of huge fanbase, history of winning it back in the day. But by the same logic Everton, Arsenal and Aston Villa are also due one.
If you go by fans, Palace more than deserve some success.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
That’s still missing my point, the conversation was started about the attitude of fans.

I agree and can understand about you being “miffed” at the Club, but their fans get stick, what did you expect the fans to do? Boycott the club they’ve supported since birth? Tell them celebrate quietly because yous feel hard done to?

Look at your words mate “its easy to let it go if your not challenging for the same trophies or in the same echelons,” guess what? The first time they won the PL yous finished below us! We’ve also missed out on a Europa place by 1 spot a couple of times, lost a semi-final to them. So I guess their money did affect us, just like it’s affected every team in the PL.

Yes, expect their fans to lord it over others the way every other set do and would, but hate it when they make it sound that it was down to other things more than sheer money. Chelsea get a little more leeway, as they were up there and were perennial cup winners at the time, although similar to Pompey it nearly bankrupted the club to the tune of was it 80mill? before roman stepped in, and it could so easily have been spurs that he bought.

Palace fans are great, although most I know are rubbish golfers, so maybe why they go the match more....:D:D:D