Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 16999

Newcastle at home?
Still a howler though isn’t it - a basic error

Didn’t he flap at a cross in the newcastle game which cost the win
He wasn’t at fault in that game for the 2 late goals, that was Davies and Digne who made the errors:mad:, the screenshots used of him behind the line were a joke, his momentum took him there and a still proved nothing!

D

Deleted member 16999

Yeah he is. It’s his job to catch the ball and keep it out of his net.

His kicking is shocking. He’s definitely not a ball playing keeper as proved today a few times.
Still better than Pope........statistically :p

D

Deleted member 15344

Come on Phil, you’re struggling, ;)
No keeper is 100% infallible.
Why am I struggling ? You asked to name a howler - given you one embarrassing mistake which I guess you have just ignored and another basic error. Pickford and his little arms are great for comedy value ?

D

Deleted member 16999

Why am I struggling ? You asked to name a howler - given you one embarrassing mistake which I guess you have just ignored and another basic error. Pickford and his little arms are great for comedy value ?
You’ve given me one, which actually I gave you! The other is incorrect.(y)

Wolf

Visit site
There seems to be a real lack of quality English keepers these days. Where are we going to go next? The U21 keepers never seem to get any progression or even exposure to the first team squad.
Do you actually watch football Homer.. In the last 2 seasons we have so many more choices for GK than we've had in decades.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Do you actually watch football Homer.. In the last 2 seasons we have so many more choices for GK than we've had in decades.
Not good ones though. Hart at his peak was much better than anything we have available now (until his form fell off a cliff for some reason).

Dean Henderson is far and away the best English keeper at the moment. To my mind, that means he should be number 1. In Southgate's mind though, I'm sure he will say there's not enough games between now and the Euros to bed him in, and he'll frustratingly stick with Pickford in the tournament. Pickford will then drop a bollock in the third group game that sees us knocked out probably.

D

Deleted member 16999

Not good ones though. Hart at his peak was much better than anything we have available now (until his form fell off a cliff for some reason).

Dean Henderson is far and away the best English keeper at the moment. To my mind, that means he should be number 1. In Southgate's mind though, I'm sure he will say there's not enough games between now and the Euros to bed him in, and he'll frustratingly stick with Pickford in the tournament. Pickford will then drop a bollock in the third group game that sees us knocked out probably.
Because he has a history of doing that.:rolleyes:

4LEX

Visit site

As a huge England fan I'm 50/50 on this. Pickford is a key member of the squad and a leader......but he's not in great form. Henderson is playing well for a team with no pressure......throw him in at the deep end and it's a different matter. I think Pickford will start and it's probably the right call. England won't win or challenge for the Euros based on our defence or keeper anyway - we're going to need Sancho, Sterling and Rashford/Kane back and firing.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
As a huge England fan I'm 50/50 on this. Pickford is a key member of the squad and a leader......but he's not in great form. Henderson is playing well for a team with no pressure......throw him in at the deep end and it's a different matter. I think Pickford will start and it's probably the right call. England won't win or challenge for the Euros based on our defence or keeper anyway - we're going to need Sancho, Sterling and Rashford/Kane back and firing.
A leader?? If he's a leader our problems are bigger than I thought.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

Aside from Pickford and Henderson though what are the options after that and in particular who do we have under 30 with a chance to hold the position long term

D

Deleted member 16999

For Everton yes. It's not a different bloke that plays for England is it? I don't understand your attitude that he only makes mistakes for Everton and not for England. :LOL: Just means England got lucky so far!
No, it means he’s an easy target and it’s getting boring!
Plenty of Spurs players have failed in match’s during Pickford’s time in goal and I don’t see you saying they should be dropped.
99% of us on here agree Southgate should be looking elsewhere, but then it’s Southgate’s responsibility.
Current form suggests he’s playing in a decent team, he hasn’t cost Everton any points since Ancelotti has took over, so unfair to suggest he’ll let England down.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
No, it means he’s an easy target and it’s getting boring!
Plenty of Spurs players have failed in match’s during Pickford’s time in goal and I don’t see you saying they should be dropped.
99% of us on here agree Southgate should be looking elsewhere, but then it’s Southgate’s responsibility.
Current form suggests he’s playing in a decent team, he hasn’t cost Everton any points since Ancelotti has took over, so unfair to suggest he’ll let England down.
What are you on about? When Kane's injured none of our other players are in the England team anymore. :LOL: Except Winks on occasions.

Edit: was Ancelotti not in charge for this? https://metro.co.uk/2020/02/08/jord...g-error-everton-beat-crystal-palace-12205210/

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
When was the last time Dele stepped up?
We beat Palace, so no impact on result. ??
You're harming you're own argument - Dele hasn't been on form for us for a while and has thus been dropped for England. If anything that backs up that Pickford should be dropped, not the other way round.

I don't think the result is relevant really. You end up winning the game in spite of Pickford - the team has made up for his mistakes by scoring additional goals. If a keeper keeps making basic errors it will cost you in the long run.