Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Problem is with limited games before the Euro's Southgate isn't going to drop Pickford and risk another keeper now. How/when will Henderson or another keeper get a run? Risk them in the Nations league (or whatever the mickey mouse competition is called)

D

Deleted member 1740

Heaton is now too old but then I wasn’t touting him for England just pointing out in my opinion he has been better than Pickford over the last 2/3 seasons

Pope isn’t injury prone - he had one bad injury with his shoulder which knocked him back for a season and then came back. Pope has also been playing for a team “struggling”

Henderson has been excellent this season but I think Pope is next in line to get an extended run

Pickford hasn’t been the best english GK in the Prem over the last few seasons - he just hasn’t and I’ll be amazed if anyone outside Everton thinks that. I think there was some stat that Pickfords errors last season led to more goals than anyone else and he has continued this season. He is the same as what we had with Mignolet- Sunderland do well flogging GK’s

Mignolet is a better keeper Than JP.

D

Deleted member 16999

Heaton is now too old but then I wasn’t touting him for England just pointing out in my opinion he has been better than Pickford over the last 2/3 seasons

Pope isn’t injury prone - he had one bad injury with his shoulder which knocked him back for a season and then came back. Pope has also been playing for a team “struggling”

Henderson has been excellent this season but I think Pope is next in line to get an extended run

Pickford hasn’t been the best english GK in the Prem over the last few seasons - he just hasn’t and I’ll be amazed if anyone outside Everton thinks that. I think there was some stat that Pickfords errors last season led to more goals than anyone else and he has continued this season. He is the same as what we had with Mignolet- Sunderland do well flogging GK’s
Gareth Southgate agrees with me and not you;)

I also laughed the other day when I mentioned Pickford was second to Becker in clean sheets over the calendar year 2019. Ridiculous stat, but who gets the credit for clean sheets? Keepers or defenders?

D

Deleted member 1740

Gareth Southgate agrees with me and not you;)

I also laughed the other day when I mentioned Pickford was second to Becker in clean sheets over the calendar year 2019. Ridiculous stat, but who gets the credit for clean sheets? Keepers or defenders?

Keepers.

D

Deleted member 16999

Do I rate Pickford? No.

Unfortunately there isn’t an English goalkeeper I’d replace him with (don’t believe Utd will sell Henderson and he needs a bit more time)

I’ll lose no sleep if Ancelotti replaces him, unless it’s Pope, I don’t see him as an improvement.

D

Deleted member 1740

Are you sure? I keep hearing about Joe Gomez and the amount of clean sheets you’ve had since he got a regular place.:p

Yeah.

Unfortunately, these days to back up your opinion of how good a player is you’ve got to use stats ?‍♂️

Gomez has played a massive part in keeping clean sheets but Allison is the man.

D

Deleted member 16999

Yeah.

Unfortunately, these days to back up your opinion of how good a player is you’ve got to use stats ?‍♂️

Gomez has played a massive part in keeping clean sheets but Allison is the man.
So Pickford isn’t fully to blame because of the crap he’s had in front of him at times.:geek:

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I agree with the frustration and “keepers” have always been made special cases, but we must remember the officials only see it once on the field and for XX minutes on VAR and if they think the keeper has made a genuine attempt for the ball and momentum has taken him in to the opposition then they will say no foul.

I don’t think we can really start to give a foul every time a keeper hits a player, even on the floor if a keeper gets contact on the ball and takes a player out he will get the benefit.

Apart from implementing point 6 above;) I can’t see what else the officials can do.

I agree, I dont want to see penalties given for "coming togethers" - ooer, but do when a keeper wipes out an attacker, especially if they get none of the ball.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Do I rate Pickford? No.

Unfortunately there isn’t an English goalkeeper I’d replace him with (don’t believe Utd will sell Henderson and he needs a bit more time)

I’ll lose no sleep if Ancelotti replaces him, unless it’s Pope, I don’t see him as an improvement.

I always knew that Stuey loved the Pope.:p:p

#proddy

D

Deleted member 1740

So Pickford isn’t fully to blame because of the crap he’s had in front of him at times.:geek:

Yeah he is. It’s his job to catch the ball and keep it out of his net.

His kicking is shocking. He’s definitely not a ball playing keeper as proved today a few times.

D

Deleted member 15344

The Palace one, but we won the match so not exactly costly.(y)
Please feel free to find the others.;)
Still a howler though isn’t it - a basic error

Didn’t he flap at a cross in the newcastle game which cost the win