Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
You could be right. I still think this season is a write off, and it is all about the summer transfer window. Who is for sale, and who do we need. It could also be about jacking up the sale price of a few whose time is up. Like Mustafi.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
You could be right. I still think this season is a write off, and it is all about the summer transfer window. Who is for sale, and who do we need. It could also be about jacking up the sale price of a few whose time is up. Like Mustafi.

not sure playing Mustafi week in week out is increasing his price!!!

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
It can't do any harm. Before Arteta took over, you couldn't give him away. Now, if you squint a bit, and have the eye of faith, he almost looks like a footballer. Almoat.

D

Deleted member 16999

If that keeper does the same on the floor, it gets given as a pen, so why do they allow keepers to, at times, punch players and it not be a pen?
We also allow keepers to clear the ball and wipe players out, I’d suggest more players get pens for diving over keepers bodies than keepers get away with taking players out.

Once a keeper is airborne it is almost impossible for them to change direction or stop etc, so if it’s a genuine attempt to win the ball, ie, Ederson yesterday imo, then it’s not a foul, it’s an accidental coming together.

Would you say if Ederson had punched the ball away and momentum carried him into Ieniacho, (spelling) wiping him out, it should of still been a pen?

D

Deleted member 15344

at first glance I thought it should have been a foul against Ederson and therefore a free kick which meant a penalty , an outfield player has to be careful of his follow through so why shouldn’t a keeper ?

But does it matter that the keeper got to the ball first - well it hit him first and from the replay it looked like the Leicester player didn’t touch the ball ?

D

Deleted member 15344

Did anyone notice the advert for tomorrow's MNF? 100% coverage of Liverpool highlights and stuff and nothing about West Ham. The result may well be a foregone conclusion but it's pretty poor from Sky.
Standard Sky marketing - it’s never been great and think the whole building up of “Super Sundays” etc has always gone way over the top. Most Liverpool fans would rather it all be toned down a lot but outside the UK they love the hype and Liverpool ( or indeed the other big teams ) are the names Far East etc want to see highlighted.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Did anyone notice the advert for tomorrow's MNF? 100% coverage of Liverpool highlights and stuff and nothing about West Ham. The result may well be a foregone conclusion but it's pretty poor from Sky.

The hype is only going to increase until they are crowned (rightly) champions. Depending on results you'll then have the hype over staying unbeaten and matching the Arsenal invincibles

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
We also allow keepers to clear the ball and wipe players out, I’d suggest more players get pens for diving over keepers bodies than keepers get away with taking players out.

Once a keeper is airborne it is almost impossible for them to change direction or stop etc, so if it’s a genuine attempt to win the ball, ie, Ederson yesterday imo, then it’s not a foul, it’s an accidental coming together.

Would you say if Ederson had punched the ball away and momentum carried him into Ieniacho, (spelling) wiping him out, it should of still been a pen?

No.

There are 6 outcomes for me.

1.Keeper there first, attacker wipes him out. Foul for keeper, unless an advantage on, obviously.

2. Keeper there first, attacker makes a slight contact - subjective, maybe no foul at all.

3.Both make contact at the same time. The unwritten rules say that the keeper will get the benefit of the doubt, but maybe no foul at all, either way.

4.Attacker there first, keeper makes contact but doesnt wipe him out. see no.2.

5. Attacker there first, keeper punches his head in, attacker gets concussion, a broken nose, split ear. Should be a pen, sometimes the ref goes to the unwritten rulebook, says play on.

6. Give the foul to man U, whether attacking or defending.:)

D

Deleted member 1740

I have it on good authority the Sky production team trawled through hours of footage to find West Ham’s best highlights but struggled to find anything Pre -1992 when football started?

D

Deleted member 1740

Good to see Fernandes get off the mark.

I think if Pickford is the best keeper England have we are in trouble

l’ve seen many of *** keepers at Anfield but Pickford tops the lot. He’s a myth. Very average keeper and if he was foreign he’d have been bombed out by now by Everton.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I have it on good authority the Sky production team trawled through hours of footage to find West Ham’s best highlights but struggled to find anything Pre -1992 when football started?

Tad harsh. They did manage to beat Fulham more than once during their PL tenure. Surely one of those goals would have made a highlight reel

D

Deleted member 16999

No.

There are 6 outcomes for me.

1.Keeper there first, attacker wipes him out. Foul for keeper, unless an advantage on, obviously.

2. Keeper there first, attacker makes a slight contact - subjective, maybe no foul at all.

3.Both make contact at the same time. The unwritten rules say that the keeper will get the benefit of the doubt, but maybe no foul at all, either way.

4.Attacker there first, keeper makes contact but doesnt wipe him out. see no.2.

5. Attacker there first, keeper punches his head in, attacker gets concussion, a broken nose, split ear. Should be a pen, sometimes the ref goes to the unwritten rulebook, says play on.

6. Give the foul to man U, whether attacking or defending.:)
I agree with the frustration and “keepers” have always been made special cases, but we must remember the officials only see it once on the field and for XX minutes on VAR and if they think the keeper has made a genuine attempt for the ball and momentum has taken him in to the opposition then they will say no foul.

I don’t think we can really start to give a foul every time a keeper hits a player, even on the floor if a keeper gets contact on the ball and takes a player out he will get the benefit.

Apart from implementing point 6 above;) I can’t see what else the officials can do.