Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Has there been any kind of statement on the crowd numbers? Ie low turn out due to fan demonstration?

there’s no demonstration that I know of.
However a pal has sent me a link where City have sent out an email saying any City supporter who has been to a City game at the Etihad can now buy 3 tickets for the crappyboo final.Dont know if it is fake news.

D

Deleted member 1740

If there’s three empty seats tonight there mine. Am sat at home watching it on the box. I understand I will still have an opinion but it will be a second class stamp opinion as am not watching it at the stadium. ?

Hallelujah the penny has finally dropped, know your place Tashy ??

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Individual player comparisons are slightly different as theres more variables. Comparing great sides is much easier.

I personally feel United '99 were overrated but United won the trophies to earn greatness. Liverpool have got it all to play for and could become better than both. Or they could fade away and end up as just another name on the PL winners list. Arsenal from 2002-2004 were miles better than the current Liverpool in terms of ability and quality of football, yet they bottled the 2003 title and never did anything in the CL. No one remembers them that highly other than the Invincibles because they didn't win as much as they should have.

But I do get it's not ALL about trophies. There has to be a balance of quality of football and trophies. That's also why some sides than won doubles are barely remembered.

Thank you.

I mainly agree on the quality of football (attractiveness) of Arsenal, but not in terms of ability, as surely its the ability to win games that should matter. Your right, we could just end up with the league, nowt else.

Record points total is still a good possibility though, and also being an invincible team. Lets face it we could be unbeaten for 37 games, not be invincible, but 109 points would still throw up the argument of who was better. We could technically win 36 games, lose one draw one, have 109 points but for me in most ways thats more impressive than an invincible season of 90 points with 12 draws. I would love to go invincible, BTW.

Given a 109 point or an invincible season, would be a tough decision. An invincible season is extremely rare in the modern age, but so is 100+points. 109 could possibly never be done again in my lifetime, who knows, although the other has been done.

Now based on that seasons play (ONLY!!!!!!!) for the Arsenal team and this one for us (so far), I would go with:-

Alison
TAA - VVD - Gomez - Cole

Viera G.Silva

Pires
Salah Henry Mane

4-2-3-1

Tough calls were Gilberto Silva/henderson or Fabinho as the midfield "2"

Gomez or Kolo Toure.

I think the top 3 are irrefutable, but you could have gone with Pires or Firminho in the hole, Bergkamp as the outsider, as although a great creator, he only scored 4 league goals in the league in that season.

D

Deleted member 15344

We did mate. We chased him until the end, but, Riola's deal with Dortmund is crazy. They bought him for 18 mil and anything they get for him over 20m goes to Riola. Dortmund get a class player for a couple of years and 2m profit. Not a bad deal if you look at it in the short term, I'm not if UTD were offered the same deal , but were probably arrogant in their discussions with Riaola given the relationship the club has with this particular agent, and the comments he is making about the club.
I read somewhere that the £18mil is onlt the fee that Salzburg got - there was another £10mil to his dad and £15mil to Riola ? Then the money after when he leaves ! Football needs to do something about the agents

Tashyboy

Visit site
So Barcelona have managed to sign a player from Leganes. A team who are in a relegation battle. The Spanish FA have refused Leganes permission to sign a replacement.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Well they weren't forced to sell the original player were they? They could have declined.

The whole point of this sucks, Barca play said replacement so he can play against ? Leganes, then 3 days later in the champs league, Greisman who is rested scores a hat trick v Spurs. How’s that right. Thought Barca had a brilliant acadamy. How many times have we said if a players head is turned, then let him go.

D

Deleted member 16999

Yes they pretty much were, it works slightly differantly in Spain, but essentally the players release clause was met so nothing they can do.
So they met the release clause, made the player an offer, player says yes!

Still don’t see what Barca did wrong, I agree morally it might smell as Leganes are at the bottom, but would people still be bothered if Leganes were mid-table.

4LEX

Visit site
And with that City won a shed load last year. Wonder where Aguero, KDB, Silva would fit in that. Hows about the rest of Us picking and all time top 11 from all clubs in the prem.

City are an interesting one as you were four games from winning The Quadruple and are definitely underrated. Great football, attitude and won trophies. Ticks all the boxes for me. It's crazy that without the Kompany goal we'd be sat here saying 4 years and only 1 title is a failure for City given they've had Pep and spent vast amounts. Yet on the other hand one VAR call off probably winning something no team has ever done :unsure:

Man Utd 93-95
Newcastle 94-96
Man Utd 99-2001
Arsenal 2002-2004
Chelsea 2004-2006
Man Utd 2007-2009
City 18-current
Liverpool 19-current

These are the great teams of the PL era for me. A few others come close and maybe some bias towards Newcastle but they sum up glorious failure and the type of football I love. All out attack with flying wingers, box to box central midfielders and two strikers. I was too young to really remember them and the first United though but what the hell I've seen enough of them.

I didn't rate United in the latter years of Ferguson or Chelsea of that era yet both picked up loads of trophies. City from 12-14 were a good side but not great either.

My all time PL side based on quality, longevity and success....

Cech

G Neville
Ferdinand
Kompany
A Cole

Keane
Scholes
Gerrard

Ronaldo
Shearer
Henry

:oops::cool:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
City are an interesting one as you were four games from winning The Quadruple and are definitely underrated. Great football, attitude and won trophies. Ticks all the boxes for me. It's crazy that without the Kompany goal we'd be sat here saying 4 years and only 1 title is a failure for City given they've had Pep and spent vast amounts. Yet on the other hand one VAR call off probably winning something no team has ever done :unsure:

Man Utd 93-95
Newcastle 94-96
Man Utd 99-2001
Arsenal 2002-2004
Chelsea 2004-2006
Man Utd 2007-2009
City 18-current
Liverpool 19-current

These are the great teams of the PL era for me. A few others come close and maybe some bias towards Newcastle but they sum up glorious failure and the type of football I love. All out attack with flying wingers, box to box central midfielders and two strikers. I was too young to really remember them and the first United though but what the hell I've seen enough of them.

I didn't rate United in the latter years of Ferguson or Chelsea of that era yet both picked up loads of trophies. City from 12-14 were a good side but not great either.

My all time PL side based on quality, longevity and success....

Cech

G Neville
Ferdinand
Kompany
A Cole

Keane
Scholes
Gerrard

Ronaldo
Shearer
Henry

:oops::cool:
Terry in for Ferdinand. I think Aguero deserves to be in it as well - has to be ahead of Ronaldo really.