Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 16999

Rangers back to 2-2 from 2-0 down, could a cracking last 10 minutes.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I’ve said it is morally wrong, but Barca still haven’t done anything illegal.
They looked about, seen a player on form and gone for him as a cheap, short term replacement.
As I said before if Leganes were mid-table there’d be less fuss.
I don’t think the reason they’ve gone for Braithwaite is because Leganes are bottom.

Yes not illegal, but unsavoury, and all filters back to the bic lubs like Barca getting too big a share of the TV money. Probably one of the associated reasons to why Leganes may have lower release clauses on their players.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
That's cheap for a shirt though.

New stadium looks nice, would be the best in Merseyside ???
It is but it's a shirt design I don't like. Maybe others feel the same ?. To be fair how many shirts do get sold Feb onwards when fans know they are being changed in July? Add in we don't get tourist fans so once you pass the start of the season and Christmas I don't know that they would sell many.

Stadium looks excellent. A good amount of thought has gone into it to keep the atmospherics, the location will look dramatic and they have been able to see the good and bad from other new builds and learn. The trickiest bit is moving that many people in and out of the ground on match day, it's bad going along there now without another 50k people, but I believe there is something in the planning about that. It's a major weakness of the location so hopefully it has been properly addressed and not brushed under the carpet. It will certainly be fitting for Carlo to place the PL trophy in the cabinet ??. Better than playing in a bodge job with extensions added every few years as well ?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
it part explains it, but Barca chose not to buy in January, chose to release 2 strikers and if you believe most are completely overstating Dembeles injury, but hey its Barca, crack on and dont worry about poor old Leganes.

as for Braithwaite who will be cast aside by Barca at the end of the season, hope he enjoys his 3 or 4 games lol
Dembele will not be able to play again this season now anyway as part of the rule. But, I agree, it's a stupid ruling. You have a squad of 25 players and this means you can make sure you're covered for injuries - just like it works in England. I think 'emergency signings' should only be allowed if you get two goalies injured, because you're not really going to stockpile on keepers for that eventuality. And it does stink that Leganes have now lost a player that they couldn't account for because it's outside the window. I forgot about the release clauses in Spain before. I'm still not even sure how Barca met the requirements for an emergency transfer when they have Messi and Griezmann still fit in attack.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
That's cheap for a shirt though.

New stadium looks nice, would be the best in Merseyside ???
The season's nearly finished, loads of teams start lowering the shirt prices towards the end of the season as they'll only be current for another 3 or 4 months. I got an email from Spurs this week saying it's 25% off on away kits now.