Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Wenger's recommendation for VAR and offside is the very worst option put forward so far, even worse than allowing "daylight".

Peter Crouch may come out of retirement now.

Can you imagine a 6ft 7 inch fella doing a diving header and having just his little pinky toe onside, so its okay? Ludicrous.
There isn’t a solution that will please everyone. Imo.
Take VAR out of offside and let the Lino sort it.
Crouchy not a bad shout .;)

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
A tiny chip in each players boots, offside decided purely on where the furthest forward foot is, simple, the chip can even determine exactly when the ball is kicked ;)

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Lmao Pete sounds like your losing your mind :) - Good, will you propose me for the lunatic asylum - just 5 day for me, couldnt do the weekends also like you.;)
Let’s just take a step back.

The original post 9985 from Orikoru was about a team debate from Utds 99 team and yours this season as a combined team. - Firstly, you've mentioned soft lad, no interest in him, just based on the when Carra and keane were talking about it and the criteria they used.
You said look at it from the last 12 months for both teams. - yes, see above.
You also said Gomez would probably get in and emphasised his clean sheets stats. - Yes, even over the last few months 10 clean sheets in 11 is some form. We hardly had any clean sheets when it was Matip or Lovren alongside VVD this season, which is why Gomez is nearly/just as important as VVD.
(My point there would be they are not Gomez stats they are Liverpool’s stats,the whole team working hard,a very good back 4 and a world class keeper. - see above, hardly any clean sheets when Gomez not in.
You then said Stam/Gomez “you would probably side with Stam over the career he had. - I brought in the "career" thing, cos you wouldnt shut up about it, and as I repeatedly said - people are always going to look at stellar careers of retired players, instead of young players at the start of their career, but it shouldnt be used (or tempered, as much as possible in this discussion). BUT it absolutely shouldnt be trotted out every 2 miniutes like you were doing.
So you changed from 12 months to career,well make your mind up. - used it once for the reason above, not loads of times.
Now wether we are comparing 12 months or career imo Gomez has achieved nothing it’s all probability. - He has won one CL, same as Jaap Stam and not using Nandrolone - yes, look it up.
He’s played 61 league games in 5 years and never scored. - Why are you judging CH's on goals, it should be further down the list after clean sheets, honours etc. You ignored Giggs goals compared to mane's (a position you should be judging goals and assists on).
A season is 40 games for a top player in a team fighting on all fronts. - Yes, did u know Stam only made 79 appearances for Man U in 3 seasons.......about 26/27 a season on average - did that surprise you.
When I asked you what season you were referring to you came up with Winter and Spring. - Glad you got the joke.
Seriously.
Anyway on a positive note you must have been pleased with a 1-0 last night? Yes.

Anything else?

Disclaimer alert: Any spelling mistakes are probably Tony's, and none of these statistics were supplied from Wikipedia (Milton Keynes branch).

Go on expand on what I've said.......
Weekends are just spent with other lunatics who think Robertson is better than Irwin :)
To be honest let’s leave it there we’ve both said our piece.
Most impressed with your endeavours though.

4LEX

Visit site
It's way too early too compare the current Liverpool to United '99. Liverpool could lose a couple of league games, go out of the cups and only end up with the title. Or they could win the league unbeaten, win the FA Cup and the CL.

Greatness is measured by trophies.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It's way too early too compare the current Liverpool to United '99. Liverpool could lose a couple of league games, go out of the cups and only end up with the title. Or they could win the league unbeaten, win the FA Cup and the CL.

So is Kleberson better than Gerrard?

Trophy count adds to an argument, not defines it.

George Best won 2 leagues, no FA cups, and 1 European cup win - does that make Dalglish better, then - I doubt many would say that, including my arl fella.

4LEX

Visit site
So is Kleberson better than Gerrard?

Trophy count adds to an argument, not defines it.

George Best won 2 leagues, no FA cups, and 1 European cup win - does that make Dalglish better, then - I doubt many would say that, including my arl fella.

Individual player comparisons are slightly different as theres more variables. Comparing great sides is much easier.

I personally feel United '99 were overrated but United won the trophies to earn greatness. Liverpool have got it all to play for and could become better than both. Or they could fade away and end up as just another name on the PL winners list. Arsenal from 2002-2004 were miles better than the current Liverpool in terms of ability and quality of football, yet they bottled the 2003 title and never did anything in the CL. No one remembers them that highly other than the Invincibles because they didn't win as much as they should have.

But I do get it's not ALL about trophies. There has to be a balance of quality of football and trophies. That's also why some sides than won doubles are barely remembered.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Never mind the United 99 team, what about Chelsea 2005? 95 points only 15 goals conceded, ridiculous. And at least the formation was the same.

Cech
Trent VVD Terry Robertson
Lampard Makelele J.Cole
Salah Drogba Mane

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site

And with that City won a shed load last year. Wonder where Aguero, KDB, Silva would fit in that. Hows about the rest of Us picking and all time top 11 from all clubs in the prem.

D

Deleted member 1418

And with that City won a shed load last year. Wonder where Aguero, KDB, Silva would fit in that. Hows about the rest of Us picking and all time top 11 from all clubs in the prem.

Christ this thread would be worse than the Brexit one.....

.....although it probably is anyway!!! ??

Still it's a simple one - 1 to 11 will be all Chelsea players!!! ??

D

Deleted member 15344

All time

Cech

Neville
Ferdinand
VVD
Cole

Keane
Gerrard
De Bruyne

Henry
Shearer
Suarez

D

Deleted member 18121

Has there been any kind of statement on the crowd numbers? Ie low turn out due to fan demonstration?