Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

allegadly 😁. Read a lovely piece on the BBC site where Real are spending a few euros buying the next galacticos, however the president of the Spanish FA has gone quiet having spent the last few months slagging off the prem league and PSG for spending vast amounts of brass.

Real Madrid spending over the last couple of years has left them lots of space to manage a big summer of transfer fees - add on all the commercial deals they have and income from other areas. Lots of “reports” suggesting they need to sell lots to meet FFP but when looking at the numbers over the years it’s not as drastic as being made out. They will still sell well over £250 mil worth of players anyway to help balance books even more.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I see weve let Ospina go for 4m euros, no doubt to be replaced by an untried kid for 10m lol. seems pretty cheap for an international keeper in this day and age

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Was definitely a serious post....

Sarri going is not good for Chelsea. Best player gone, excellent coach gone, can't buy anyone, going to be a rough season for whoever takes over.

D

Deleted member 15344

He’s gone 😉

And who comes in now - could be a very serious case of cutting of your nose. Sarri must be chuffed though - good season , wins his first trophy , gains a lot of respect ( not from some areas of Chelsea fans ) , leaves with his head held high and gets a step up in job. I hope they give it to Lampard - fast forward 12 months and will be interesting to see how the fan base are treating him if they aren’t winning the league or CL which seems to be the minimum standard

D

Deleted member 1740

Was definitely a serious post....

Sarri going is not good for Chelsea. Best player gone, excellent coach gone, can't buy anyone, going to be a rough season for whoever takes over.

What i find mad is he's not good enough for Chelsea but good enough for Juventus and parts of the media are saying chelsea need a younger manager to play younger players.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
And who comes in now - could be a very serious case of cutting of your nose. Sarri must be chuffed though - good season , wins his first trophy , gains a lot of respect ( not from some areas of Chelsea fans ) , leaves with his head held high and gets a step up in job. I hope they give it to Lampard - fast forward 12 months and will be interesting to see how the fan base are treating him if they aren’t winning the league or CL which seems to be the minimum standard
Fish will you please give this man the bite & attention that he’s oh so desperate for from you 😳🙈

D

Deleted member 15344

Before this season Rashford had the world at his feet - everyone was expecting a stellar 12 months from him being the player to spearhead Man Utd to challenge City.

The reality couldn’t have been any different and his career seems to have taken a big step backwards and being around people like Lingard ( who is more interested in the “fame” ) is not going to help him. He needs a big season coming up to get his career back on track - would a move away help

D

Deleted member 1740

Before this season Rashford had the world at his feet - everyone was expecting a stellar 12 months from him being the player to spearhead Man Utd to challenge City.

The reality couldn’t have been any different and his career seems to have taken a big step backwards and being around people like Lingard ( who is more interested in the “fame” ) is not going to help him. He needs a big season coming up to get his career back on track - would a move away help

i dont agree with this. i thought most players struggled last season and that was mainly down to Jose doing what he does best.

His attitude seems to be good and i dont think you can question his effort, from what i've seen i dont think he has enough to be main centre forward right now.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
i dont agree with this. i thought most players struggled last season and that was mainly down to Jose doing what he does best.

His attitude seems to be good and i dont think you can question his effort, from what i've seen i dont think he has enough to be main centre forward right now.
I also think it was rubbish and looking for a reaction. I thought his last performance in an England short was strong enough but I think he's still learning to play at the very highest level. There is more to come and whether that is at United or not remains to be seen but I don't see him being turned by Pogba, Lingard et al. I think United are clearly laying down a marker with some of their purchases of younger players and it may be that if OGS wants to go down the "kids" route the likes of Pogba etc could find themselves on the way out anyway

As for Sarri going, even with a transfer embargo, I can see this being a real opportunity for a manager to come in and really make a reputation for themselves. No-one will be expecting much so there is not as much pressure as perhaps there would normally be but if they can also find a way to utilise the loan players and those that have only been squad players they could also surprise a few peoplein the PL although I think they'll struggle in Europe

D

Deleted member 15344

So did he have a good season ? I know Maureen has to shoulder a lot of them blame but just after the World Cup he had the world at his feet , he looked ready to take the next step to be a consistent top striker in the Prem - but it didn’t happen and 12 months later in the last England game he looked a shadow of himself from last summer. Since he burst onto the scene people are just waiting for him to really become the main guy - become someone who can’t be dropped etc

He has stalled - he needs to start to step now and start to fulfill the clear potential he has.

D

Deleted member 1740

I also think it was rubbish and looking for a reaction. I thought his last performance in an England short was strong enough but I think he's still learning to play at the very highest level. There is more to come and whether that is at United or not remains to be seen but I don't see him being turned by Pogba, Lingard et al. I think United are clearly laying down a marker with some of their purchases of younger players and it may be that if OGS wants to go down the "kids" route the likes of Pogba etc could find themselves on the way out anyway

As for Sarri going, even with a transfer embargo, I can see this being a real opportunity for a manager to come in and really make a reputation for themselves. No-one will be expecting much so there is not as much pressure as perhaps there would normally be but if they can also find a way to utilise the loan players and those that have only been squad players they could also surprise a few peoplein the PL although I think they'll struggle in Europe

Again, i disagree but it's his opinion.

After a long hard season, i wouldnt be too quick judge his england performances. Its all well and good having young english players but they've gotta be good enough at PL/CL level.

Anyone who comes in at chelsea will be under immense pressure to Stay top 4 and improve the style of football with very little improvements to the squad. To suggest otherwise is stupid.

D

Deleted member 1740

So did he have a good season ?
By his own standards i'd say no but he wasnt the worst player in the squad
I know Maureen has to shoulder a lot of them blame but just after the World Cup he had the world at his feet , he looked ready to take the next step to be a consistent top striker in the Prem - but it didn’t happen
i think youve answered your own question there
and 12 months later in the last England game he looked a shadow of himself from last summer. Since he burst onto the scene people are just waiting for him to really become the main guy - become someone who can’t be dropped etc

He has stalled - he needs to start to step now and start to fulfill the clear potential he has.

Dont forget, he's still only a young local lad with time on his side. If i followed yernited i'd be more concerned with the £90m yard dog striker they've got not pulling his weight, £90m world cup winner not pulling his weight, the worlds best keeper losing all confidence and poor performances.

Blaming Rashford for mixing with Lingard and Pogba is petty imo.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Rashford stepped up to the plate in Paris with the penalty and to be honest didn't benefit from Jose being in charge. I agree that United as a collective didn't perform last season and there are clearly one or two high profile players that didn't play to their ability but I don't ten goals and 7 assists in 33 appearances is a bad return especially as he wasn't a regular starter

https://www.transfermarkt.com/marcus-rashford/detaillierteleistungsdaten/spieler/258923

D

Deleted member 15344

Dont forget, he's still only a young local lad with time on his side. If i followed yernited i'd be more concerned with the £90m yard dog striker they've got not pulling his weight, £90m world cup winner not pulling his weight, the worlds best keeper losing all confidence and poor performances.

Blaming Rashford for mixing with Lingard and Pogba is petty imo.

Let me rephrase it slightly

Yep the whole squad has had issues all season long and that includes Rashford , I’m not saying anyone is to “blame” and such but I feel even at this early stage in his career he is at his first crossroads. Until this season it’s been nothing but forward momentum and positives - this year it’s a step backwards and now it’s about getting it all back on track.

Up until now I suspect no one has ever picked up anything about Rashford off the field - quiet on social media and just keeping himself to himself which is the way to be , where as someone like Lingard who is imo a legend in his own lifetime and seems to want to concentrate more on his “celebration dances” and clothing lines and social media presence ( maybe to mask that he imo is a bang average player ) is someone that Rashford just shouldn’t use as some sort of role model , silly videos like that just add more negativity and for me Rashford would be best to steer clear of it all.

D

Deleted member 1740

Let me rephrase it slightly

Yep the whole squad has had issues all season long and that includes Rashford , I’m not saying anyone is to “blame” and such but I feel even at this early stage in his career he is at his first crossroads. Until this season it’s been nothing but forward momentum and positives - this year it’s a step backwards and now it’s about getting it all back on track.

Up until now I suspect no one has ever picked up anything about Rashford off the field - quiet on social media and just keeping himself to himself which is the way to be , where as someone like Lingard who is imo a legend in his own lifetime and seems to want to concentrate more on his “celebration dances” and clothing lines and social media presence ( maybe to mask that he imo is a bang average player ) is someone that Rashford just shouldn’t use as some sort of role model , silly videos like that just add more negativity and for me Rashford would be best to steer clear of it all.

Peaks and troughs Phil, peaks and troughs.

Thats what happens in most sports with performances. Its very rare to see footballers improve year on year on a constant upward trajectory in a stable team enviroment, theres no chance of it happening when there's issues with manager and players in the team.

Rashford will be ok, he seems to have the right attitude and ability, Lingard will get found out.