Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The one thing I really dont get is the overwhelming 'neutral' commentary on this game has been from Liverpool fans??

Neither of these clubs are anywhere near you, and you actively dislike both of them! Why the effing jeffing would you care?

Firstly, I think it was just Phil who was "commentating" - so what, he posts a lot on various subjects, not a lot of Liverpool fans.

So United (historically) and Chelsea over the last 15 years, have also become rivals.

Its a football game, that many other fans were also commentating on, so whats the problem?

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
I did - you paid a lot of money for someone who isn’t standing out as yet and I don’t really expect him too - i guess we will see over the next couple of months.
What a surprise
This is just one of the reasons I believe you talk so much rubbish.
Judging someone after 2 games,2 games of a sport you know very little about unless you google it.
Why don’t you expect him too,just give us a bloody good reason,and a football one not just a biased one.
At least the majority of Liverpool supporters on here talk a lot of sense,and I don’t believe they regard you as a spokesman for all Liverpool supporters.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
For what it’s worth I thought Maguire should have been sent off.
I actually thought Fred’s push was very minimal but the push on Williams probably stopped him clearing the ball.
Defensively we are getting better keeping clean sheets although last night could have been different as Chelsea had some good chances.
Offside for their goal.
In hindsight I thought Barkley would have been a better sub than Mount.
Can’t understand how Giroud doesn’t get a start.
We are in the mix for 4th something some were predicting wouldn’t be the case.
With very little strength in the league this year 4th is wide open :)

Pin-seeker

Visit site
What a surprise
This is just one of the reasons I believe you talk so much rubbish.
Judging someone after 2 games,2 games of a sport you know very little about unless you google it.
Why don’t you expect him too,just give us a bloody good reason,and a football one not just a biased one.
At least the majority of Liverpool supporters on here talk a lot of sense,and I don’t believe they regard you as a spokesman for all Liverpool supporters.
He really doesn’t do any of the proper fans any favours with his constant trolling.

Imagine if anyone dared to criticize a new Liverpool singing after a couple of games ?

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So say City’s 2 yr Euro ban is enforced, why is it seemed automatic that in the event of them being in the PL top 4, the 5th place club would then qualify?
I seem to remember reading somewhere that if the above happens, the PL would lose that place to another league.
Does anyone actually have a definite answer?

D

Deleted member 16999

So say City’s 2 yr Euro ban is enforced, why is it seemed automatic that in the event of them being in the PL top 4, the 5th place club would then qualify?
I seem to remember reading somewhere that if the above happens, the PL would lose that place to another league.
Does anyone actually have a definite answer?
I believe that’s what EUFA announced last week.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Through my red tinted glasses I was please again with the effort and determination from the players. Ole seems to have got their hearts pumping for the club which is great, i'm sure most will agree 0-2 flattered us though.

On the positive side, Bailly back is huge, if he can stay fit, he'll be crucial to the rest of the season. Fred had another superb game in midfield and Bruno looked a class above. He's right when he said after the match we need to be better on the ball.

Re the Maguire red card........I honestly think that the refs need better guidance. The rules say "excessive force", but how do you define what is excessive ? He did kick out, and if they are to be consistent (think Sons red card) then it should have been a red. My own opinion is that footballers are utter pansies and something like that should be a yellow.

There is talk of Juve offering a dealer Rabiot , Ramsey + cash for Pogba in a deal worth around £125m. I'd snatch their hand off.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
https://metro.co.uk/2020/02/18/roy-...de-vs-current-liverpool-team-debate-12258653/

So Keano and Carra had another row (all set up by Sky no doubt) this time about a combined line-up between present day Liverpool and 1999's treble winning Man Utd team. It's actually quite difficult to compare due to the different formations and roles of the players, but I'll give it a go:

Schmeichel
Neville Stam VanDijk Irwin
Scholes Keane Giggs
Mane Yorke Salah

D

Deleted member 16999

https://metro.co.uk/2020/02/18/roy-...de-vs-current-liverpool-team-debate-12258653/

So Keano and Carra had another row (all set up by Sky no doubt) this time about a combined line-up between present day Liverpool and 1999's treble winning Man Utd team. It's actually quite difficult to compare due to the different formations and roles of the players, but I'll give it a go:

Schmeichel
Neville Stam VanDijk Irwin
Scholes Keane Giggs
Mane Yorke Salah
It wasn’t a row at all, it was good fun and lighthearted, both made some valid points.

I don’t think it’s fair to compare to be honest, both teams should be respected for how they were in their era.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
It wasn’t a row at all, it was good fun and lighthearted, both made some valid points.

I don’t think it’s fair to compare to be honest, both teams should be respected for how they were in their era.
Obviously it's tough to compare but I was trying to be fun and lighthearted as well, lol.

D

Deleted member 16999

Obviously it's tough to compare but I was trying to be fun and lighthearted as well, lol.
Oh sorry, I completely missed it were you said it was fun and lighthearted.;)

I was answering your link and the supposed row.(y)

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Keane admitted he was biased/loyal to his ex-players but thought he went too far.

The thing is, a lot of them were or became legends of the game, and you can look back and assess them over their whole career, whilst the likes of some of ours are still young or in the middle of their careers.

If you took it on our guys over the last 12 months and the United team over their 12 months, the likes of Alison, Gomez and Trent may/would probably get in for me. Gomez and clean sheet stats are amazing.

Carragher made a good point over Giggs - only 4 goals, 2 assists that season and Keane had him in over Mane!!!!!:eek:

I think Keane, Scholes, Beckham (as a 3) and either or Yorke/cole as the CF are deffoes.

Stam/Gomez - you would side with stam over the career he had, same with Schmeichel/Alison, Robertson/Irwin the same - but in 10 years time you may say the others - who knows.

Mane, Salah, VVD and Trent would be deffoes for me on our side.

Last edited:

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Keane admitted he was biased/loyal to his ex-players but thought he went too far.

The thing is, a lot of them were or became legends of the game, and you can look back and assess them over their whole career, whilst the likes of some of ours are still young or in the middle of their careers.

If you took it on our guys over the last 12 months and the United team over their 12 months, the likes of Alison, Gomez and Trent may/would probably get in for me. Gomez and clean sheet stats are amazing.

Carragher made a good point over Giggs - only 4 goals, 2 assists that season and Keane had him in over Mane!!!!!:eek:
It’s a pointless debate comparing the current Liverpool team who have basically been great for 2 years with a team that was great over many years.
Comparing Giggs to Mane is ridiculous for the same reason.
One thing I would say that if some of the Liverpool players are still producing over 10 years at this level it would seriously reduce the number of Utd players in my all time team.
I suppose Sky do these debates to get the public talking and to keep the interest high in football.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site

I think Keane, Scholes, Beckham (as a 3) and either or Yorke/cole as the CF are deffoes.

Stam/Gomez - you would side with stam over the career he had, same with Schmeichel/Alison, Robertson/Irwin the same - but in 10 years time you may say the others - who knows.

Carragher went for a Chelsea win :)
Says it all,he couldn’t pick Utd even if he wanted to.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It’s a pointless debate comparing the current Liverpool team who have basically been great for 2 years with a team that was great over many years.
Comparing Giggs to Mane is ridiculous for the same reason.
One thing I would say that if some of the Liverpool players are still producing over 10 years at this level it would seriously reduce the number of Utd players in my all time team.
I suppose Sky do these debates to get the public talking and to keep the interest high in football.

Pointless post, then. :D

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

Totally different positions though. Given the formations and positions played, Giggs was a midfielder and Mane is effectively a striker. So you can't compare them on numbers alone. I would find room for both of them anyway, as I did above in my team.

D

Deleted member 16999

Tony’s answered it in part well for me, I did enjoy the debate last night, I took it all with a pinch of salt, it’s like when Sky produce PL stats and ignore the other 100 years of 1st Division football.

I actually think Keane and Carragher work well together.

As for the best 11, I’m not sure there would be many non-Liverpool players (based on this season) that would get into a 2019/20 PL Team of the Season.