Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
The Klopp Express rolls on.....

I thought we were very slow passing and in possession with the ball.

Norwich with their 10men behind the ball were very well organised and compact in the middle of the park.

15pts to go to Operation Unbearable.

You got the result but very lucky that Norwich squandered that great chance through on goal although 11/10 for Alisson for reading it and making the save. Good finish for the winner too and some days you just have to win playing under par and that's what you did.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You got the result but very lucky that Norwich squandered that great chance through on goal although 11/10 for Alisson for reading it and making the save. Good finish for the winner too and some days you just have to win playing under par and that's what you did.
I think you have to take the conditions into account.
The ball would not stay still for corners and free kicks.
Just controlling it in possession must have been tough.
The players did well in that wind.
Although on the telly it looked fine.
Allison earning his money.
The best goalkeepers are the ones who have nothing to do all game but make the save when needed.
Great save from krull as well from Kieta.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I think you have to take the conditions into account.
The ball would not stay still for corners and free kicks.
Just controlling it in possession must have been tough.
The players did well in that wind.
Although on the telly it looked fine.
Allison earning his money.
The best goalkeepers are the ones who have nothing to do all game but make the save when needed.
Great save from krull as well from Kieta.

No argument about the conditions and of course it'll play a part (for both sides) and watching it on the TV the players did put on a decent game in the wind. As I said, as far as Liverpool are concerned, take the win and get out of town. Doesn't have to pretty and a step closer to banishing the long wait

D

Deleted member 16999

To simplify things.
Man Utds owners take money out of football.
Man City’s owners put money into football.

There is a lot about football at the moment that is wrong. You can if found guilty (after appeal) put Man City in with that. But re City. At the moment they are found guilty of rules that were put in place to protect the top table. chuck in Var, agents fees, World Cups in Middle East no doubt paid for, corruption in FIFA and UEFA. Yup the beautiful game is in a bad place at the moment.
Don’t forget one of the main instigators of ffp being brought in was Platini, whatever happened to him?:censored:

4LEX

Visit site
I am not defending Man City but FFP does stink and is aimed at keeping those at the top there and restricting those wishing to join it by limiting spending.

I do not understand how the Glazers can borrow £500 million against Man Utd to buy them (leveraged buyout) and this is all good and well but the richest Person in the world cannot spend a tiny amount of his money on his club to catch up those at the top.

FFP means it is now all but impossible for really rich people or companies to come in a spend lots of money on a club over a period of time. THis suppossed to protect clubs from dodgy owner coming in a spending money they do not have but as lower league teams are showing the shisters come in, remove the money and screw the clubs over, think Bury, Leyton Orient etc.

FFP and fit to own a club do not work. It's a monopoly for the top clubs in Europe and no way to join them and very little protection for those at the bottom. I mean the big clubs already have the biggest incomes and the biggest fan base and the most income so continue to spend more, those that don't regardless of how much stuff they win just cannot grow to the size of the top clubs which have grown over many years and also cannot spend as much. It must be like playing with one leg tied behind your back

That's a really valid point. There should be a FFP to protect clubs too. Man United have been raped for 15 years and no one has said a thing. Yet the second Woodward gets a few idiots outside his house theres outrage. The Glazers have stolen billions from one of English footballs greatest clubs and nothing has been done. Woodward has been guilty of faciliating the scam and he's now overseeing the operation behind his 3m a year salary. This guy should be kicked out of football for good by any means. The same is going on at Arsenal but the fans are too melty to complain. A once great club resorting to nomark managers and loan signings as the pounds roll in. From a stadium that was sold to them to compete with Europe's elite - now they can't even finish in the Top 6. Sad and depressing as someone that grew up watching the great United and Arsenal sides.

But City still lied and defrauded the rules and should face the fines. The FA should strip them of their 2012 and 2014 titles and give them to United and Liverpool.

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That's a really valid point. There should be a FFP to protect clubs too. Man United have been raped for 15 years and no one has said a thing. Yet the second Woodward gets a few idiots outside his house theres outrage. The Glazers have stolen billions from one of English footballs greatest clubs and nothing has been done. Woodward has been guilty of faciliating the scam and he's now overseeing the operation behind his 3m a year salary. This guy should be kicked out of football for good by any means. The same is going on at Arsenal but the fans are too melty to complain. A once great club resorting to nomark managers and loan signings as the pounds roll in. From a stadium that was sold to them to compete with Europe's elite - now they can't even finish in the Top 6. Sad and depressing as someone that grew up watching the great United and Arsenal sides.

But City still lied and defrauded the rules and should face the fines. The FA should strip them of their 2012 and 2014 titles and give them to United and Liverpool.
April fool that I missed?? ?‍♂️

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site

That post was going so well til the last sentence. FFP set up by UEFA/ Platini to protect who. The game or the top table. The very organisation that is corrupt to the core. Instigate rules to prevent anyone else for dining with Europe’s elite. Like I say, if after all this is done City end up with a ban. It’s a ban from a competition that no City fan is bothered about (unless they win it). A 25million fine. That’s a slap on the wrist.
like I say, there’s a smell around football that ain’t going away very soon.